We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington
reviews: 2
Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Hi,

We are spending Christmas in Melbourne this year. Does anyone know of any nice restaurants that do a nice Christmas day lunch?

Ta

16 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 34
1. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Hi there .Lots of places do Christmas lunch but the price can vary from moderate to very expensive (over $150 pp) . Do you have a budget pp in mind? Also do you want the trad Turkey with trimmings or something a bit different ?or seafood?This may help with suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 159
2. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Many of the local pubs/hotels will organise a lunch for the occasion, but it will usually be double the price you'd normally pay for the same thing any other day.

It depends on where you're staying. In the suburbs have a look at somewhere like the Doncaster Hotel, the Sandringham Hotel, or similar places: http://www.alhgroup.com.au/our_venues_vic.php

In the CBD there will be plenty of places but bookings are usually essential anywhere you go. Melbas Restaurant attached to the Langham Hotel would be good, but VERY expensive.

Wellington
3. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Hi,

I was thinking around $150 per person and would like the traditional food and dont mind buffet.

Ta

Wellington
4. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

HI,

Yes I really liked the Melba but for Xmas day the cheapest is $250 per head. I would like something similar but maybe a wee bit cheaper!

Ta

Viv

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 34
5. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Lots of places do Christmas lunch, so you should find somewhere to suit. I know that Walter's Wine Bar ( it is a restaurant) are doing Christmas lunch for $145 pp. The restaurant is in the Southbank precinct and is very nice. You could email them and ask for details if it interests you. Otherwise there are plenty of other nice restaurants in the Southbank and Crown precincts-which could also be worth checking out.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
6. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Trying searching "Christmas lunch" in this forum and you'll find lots of good suggestions that have been made previously.

Most places don't start advertising/ taking bookings for Christmas lunch until early October

Edited: 4:00 am, August 07, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 19
7. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

Hi, it is easier said than done I am finding with locating a reasonably priced Christmas lunch, which is what brought me to this discussion. I am after one which serves vegetarian as well as the traditional. Does anyone have any suggestions. Am about to look at Walters Wine bar as "pwaites" suggested and other link "robol" gave. Thanks.

Melbourne
reviews: 17
8. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

If you are after a reasonably priced Xmas lunch, I don't think you can go past this.

pjobriens.com.au/media/65873/christmas-day-m…

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 20
9. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

You might try O'Connells Hotel in South Melbourne.

http://www.oconnells.com.au/

Friendly staff and good food - our local watering hole. Tell them that Peter and Louise recommended.

melbourne
reviews: 22
10. Re: Christmas lunch in Melbourne

We went to the Aquarium last year and I would recommend it. Food was great, setting was beautiful, drinks are included as is all day access to the Aquarium. Something differtent.

Reply to: Christmas lunch in Melbourne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted