We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out of Melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 8
Out of Melbourne

If I want to take 2 - 3 days out of Melbourne, is there any bus I can take to and where do you suggest I can go with a family of 3?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 8
11. Re: Out of Melbourne

=) evamelb. Thanks for the post.

Wentworth Falls...
reviews: 6
12. Re: Out of Melbourne

It would be difficult to get an organised coach tour for a few days around that time to suit you.

However, regional centres such as Ballarat, Bendigo or Echuca offer a range of things and attractions and are accessible by V Line regional train systems.

You could, for example, take a V Line train from Melbourne to Ballarat, arrange accommodation central to the township, and include a visit to the Sovereign Hill recreated Gold Village, the museum to the Eureka Stockade - it all depends on your interests.

Echuca is a bit further North but on the Murray River and you can ride an original paddle wheel boat for a short trip there.

The benefit of the train trip is you can chat more easily to each other (earphones out!!!), move about and you don't have the hassle of finding directions.

Wentworth Falls...
reviews: 6
13. Re: Out of Melbourne

I dont know how to copy the link as yet but if you have a look at my answer to 4 days in Melbourne I also mention an option about the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with a great sound and light show that will have your family leaping out of their seats!

Ella, Sri Lanka
reviews: 14
14. Re: Out of Melbourne

i want to travel sans car between Bendigo and Ballarat and also to the GOR. Any great suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 29
15. Re: Out of Melbourne

Starting your own thread would be a start. Rather than necro posting on a thread that was last opened in Dec 2011 !

16. Re: Out of Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 13, 2014