We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
reviews: 30
VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

We were sold a ticket by the shuttle Information Clerk at Melbourne International Airport for a transfer from the airport to a CBD hotel in October, 2010. Cost $70AUD return for 2pax. We felt the service provided was not of an acceptable standard. We were concerned for our safety on several occasions, as were other pax, especially when red lights obviously did not mean STOP to our driver. Our driver was aware of this from pax gasps and commented that he had been driving 30 years.

There were 8 adults, 1 Child and 1 small baby with just enough room for the luggage in this small van.

The passenger sitting next to the driver became increasingly agitated as he had explained to the I site staff member when booking, he had a deadline to meet. She apparently assured him he would be delivered to his hotel well within this time.

A shuttle arrived about fifteen minutes after we had booked.

After spending at least ten to fifteen minutes doing book work when we were all in the van waiting, our driver muttered something about explaining to boss he had not got all money (apparently from previous customers), but we eventually left the airport. Our driver obviously could not understand where he was supposed to be delivering pax as he stopped at the wrong hotels twice, turned left into Collins Street a few metres from our hotel but did not offer to stop and let us out. By this stage the passengers were wondering if and when they would be delivered. They were all commenting, one guest saying he was appalled. The front seat passenger was saying he was a scientist and had a talk to give at the hospital. This in turn appeared to be upsetting our driver but to his credit, he remained polite at all times. It took almost two hours to be delivered to our hotel. Our driver also stopped and offered a ride to the airport to a man with luggage standing on the pavement despite the fact he still had pax in his van to deliver to hotels. The man did not require a transfer, thank goodness, or we would have been even longer getting to our hotel. This is the worst shuttle experience we have ever endured and, despite the fact our return transfer was a much more satisfactory experience, we doubt whether we will use this service when we return to Melbourne. Unfortunately after this experience, we find the VHA Airport Shuttle Service Melbourne difficult to recommend to other travellers.

We have since learnt the Sky Bus is the cheaper way to get from the Airport to Southern Cross Station. From there most hotels have courtesy shuttles.

It should not take over two hours to get from the airport to a CBD hotel as it did with VHA Airport Shuttle, especially when it was caused by lack of driver knowledge rather than traffic holdups.

37 replies to this topic
31. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

Anyway, the shuttle van is OK, but I was not picked up them, their response is "there is nothing we can do, drivers are busy "... I have to go to airport by meself. My rating for VHA is 0 what a crap service...

32. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 pm, March 25, 2013

Coolangatta...
33. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

This company is a complete fraud, I advise everyone to steer clear them or suffer the consequences.

I had to make a booking with this company as we had an early flight to catch on out return trip and the company we usually use - Star bus - didn't start as early as we needed. when we made the booking we gave all details of flight so they knew what time we would be arriving and were told we still had to call on arrival to advise we were there then there would be a car waiting for us or it would be on its way. We arrive, make the call and are told we have to meet them in another terminal and there will be someone waiting, get to where they say and no one there, wait around a bit then when we still cant see anyone we have to call again, they say that someone is on the way, it is now half an hour since we called the first time. then the guy arrives and we have to wait another half an hour at least for more passengers that he cannot find. Finally he says we are ready and walks us to a bus stop where we then discover he is not the driver and we have to wait for the bus to come, so more time waiting. Luckily traffic was good and our stop was the first but we get to our hotel at least 3 hours after we arrived in airport and drive was about half an hour. such a waste of time. then for the return I was told I would get a call to confirm pickup time and do not receive one so I call them on the night before our flight to make sure we are going to get picked up and am told they need to change our pick up time to earlier when we were previously told we were on the earliest pick up possible of 430am. then in the morning we get a call from the driver saying he is waiting even earlier than they said the night before. so we get to the airport bleary too early for our flight and have to wait. So whatever we didn't really care just thought that we would be going with starbus next time if we can. But 3 weeks later I luckily looked my credit card transactions and found that they had charged me correctly on the correct date but then 2 weeks later charged me again!!! what the hell, so I give them a call to see what has happened, takes the guy ages to find the original booking and understand what im trying to say has happened. but of coarse he cant do anything about it and has to check with his manager, says I'll get a call letting me know whats going on. Don't hear anything back of coarse. so I call back the next week same story with another person on the phone, they have to talk to accounts. then still nothing so I call again asking for the manager or his number which he cannot produce so I give the poor guy on the phone an ear full . He hangs up on me so I have to call back again and tell him Im not going to let it go. I have to go through the explanation all over again. then half way through it he has to take another call and I can hear him getting all the details for another booking that takes ages. then he hangs up on me again as he doesn't know how to use the phone properly and am still told the same thing, he'll have to speak to accounts and the manager and promises to get me a refund for the $56 that was fraudulently taken in the first place because I threaten to go to the ombudsman and consumer affairs and get it sorted legally. That was today so Im still waiting for my money back, they should be offering me a refund of my original fare also as far as im concerned but I cant see that coming, I hardly get an apology. So my advise is to use any other transport possible to not have to use this company and I definitely wouldn't be giving them your credit card details.

Melbourne, Australia
34. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

Horrible service. So much of mis-communication between the contact center and the passenger. I don't think the drivers co-operate with the contact center at all. The driver was super rude and unpleasant. The worst kind of person to greet you when arriving to Melbourne. He was saying he's getting late, he cannot drop off door to door, etc. , He cant turn around his vehicle, he doesn't know the directions he was being ignorant and left me waiting for hours. well hello not my problem you should have informed us before the booking that we have to expect all this drama. Will not use this service or recommend this service ever again to ANYONE!

Melbourne, Australia
35. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

Horrible service. So much of miscommunication between the contact center and the passenger. I don't think the drivers co-operate with the contact center at all. The driver was super rude and unpleasant. The worst kind of person to greet you when arriving to Melbourne. He was saying he's getting late, he cannot drop off door to door, etc. , He cant turn around his vehicle, he doesn't know the directions he was being ignorant and left me waiting for hours. well hello not my problem you should have informed us before the booking that we have to expect all this drama. Will not use this service or recommend this service ever again to ANYONE!

Melbourne
reviews: 1
36. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

DO NOT EVER BOOK VHA!!!

I had booked an 8am shuttle from the airport made a call to the company at approximately 8.10 am. After 2 attempts an operator finally picked up and I was told the driver would be picking me up soon. I continued to wait until 9 am during which time I made 3 further calls to the company, none of which were picked up after ringing for 5 mins at least, As I had a work appointment I then made other arrangements for travel back home at 9 am. I received a call from the driver at 9.40 am asking for my whereabouts...2 HOURS AND 40 MINS AFTER AFTER my requested time of pick up. When I called the company to ask for a refund I was asked why it was required. Upon explaining the situation the lady then informed me that a refund would not be permitted...due to the company's terms and conditions of departure, which states that the bus should leave within 60 minutes of landing. In response to which I explained that I had left the airport via alternative transport at 9am which was an hour and 35 minutes after my flight arrived at 7.25 am. She then said she would not be able to process a refund anyhow as it was not within her means, at which point I was in disbelief. I was advised to email the company for a refund, which was only met with a curt one-liner of a reply stating that a refund would not be issued, with no explanation. No apology whatsoever from neither the driver, phone operator nor the e-mail for causing an inconvenience which resulted in my missing an appointment. It isn't so much the stealing of money but the poor communication, pure disrespect and condescending attitude towards customers this company holds that deters me from ever EVER recommending it to anyone. In fact I will be doing the exact opposite - book with this company at your own consequence!!!

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 10
37. Re: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.

We booked VHA in Melbourne to collect us from a flight arriving at 17:50. We cleared customs and got our bags and at 18:20 called them for collection. After waiting an age for the phone to be answered the guy at VHA told us our flight was an hour early !!! How can an airport shuttle service get things so comprehensively wrong. Our e-mail even said 17:50 !! Three other groups were trying to get the same service at the same time and all got the same response. We were told we'd have to wait at least an hour and were told to call back in 10 mins to confirm. Well 10 mins later we called and nobody answered. Everyone was getting fed up, even the girl at the information desk was shrugging and mentioned how many complaints she'd heard about these people. In the end we went outside and caught a direct bus to the central train station for a fraction of the cost of VHA and from there they run a free shuttle to all the local hotels. If only we'd known before wasting our money on VHA. Well we know for next time. We contacted VHA to request a refund as they completely failed to uphold the agreement we had with them but they haven't even bothered to reply. Clearly there's nothing we can do now, they have our money and don't care. What a pathetic example of how to run a business. Be warned and use the cheaper regular shuttle bus outside the terminal exit.

Edited: 3:06 am, March 21, 2014
Reply to: VHA Airport Shuttle, Melbourne.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted