We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rates

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 8
exchange rates

sorry, still thinking of little things, the exchange rate for uk pounds to aus dollars is very low here at the moment, anyone know if i was to wait until i arrived in Brisbane what rate i could get, probably at the airport, as it is Sunday that i arrive

Thanks

Ann

Glenlyon, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 34
1. Re: exchange rates

Get when its convinent for you. Maybe use a ATM at the airport or even buy say AUD$100 to tied you over before you leave if you dont want to hang around the airport (but be careful of those commissions). Basically the AUD-GBP rate doesn't flucuate a lot. It has hovered around the same rate with a few minor changes by a couple of cents for the last 7 yrs that I have been following. Baring a tragic world event I would not assume it will be changing enough for you to have to stock up on it.

Newport Pagnell...
reviews: 5
2. Re: exchange rates

Marks and Spencer give very good rates and no commission.The rates haven't changed much since I started watching them for my own holiday.We took £100 of dollars with us and used ATMs when we got there.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: exchange rates

Definitely don't change any money at the airport. As the previous posters have suggested, purchase some dollars in the UK before you depart.

Newport Pagnell...
reviews: 5
4. Re: exchange rates

You might find my little chart useful,it will give you an idea how much you are spending as you go along.I wrote this out and kept a copy in my purse.Exchange rate is from the internet today.

10dollars = £4.25

20dollars = £8.50

30dollars = £12.76

40dollars = £17.00

50dollars = £21.27

100dollars= £42.54

england
reviews: 8
5. Re: exchange rates

Thanks everyone, i am going to change my money here, m&s has a rate almost as good as travelex, and they will send it to me, so no forgetting at the airports

Ann