We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with Kids

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Traveling with Kids

We are bringing our three kids (13, 11, 9) at the end of May. Could someone suggest things to see and do with them while in Melbourne. We also want to take them to Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 42
11. Re: Traveling with Kids

LJP....I have just arrived back from a big run in which we finished at one of our biggest football games of hte year. My side also won beating the aforementioned side of BrightonP. She won't be happy but I am....haha.

BP is right with the tickets though, you should be fine to pick up on the day. We can let you know how to order tickets though if you want to pre book.

Texas
12. Re: Traveling with Kids

Hey Will

Just wanted to let you know that we took our trip to Australia (Melbourne and Sydney) and had the time of our lives. We were able to see our first Aussie Rules game (Collingwood vs Hawthorn at the MCG ). Wow!! the kids had the times of their lives. The whole trip was a success, the weather was superb. We love your country. It has so much to offer. Thanks for all your advice and to all of the others that gave us great suggestions. We are now sending our friend there. I am telling him about this forum and how helpful it is. Thanks Mate. ljp

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 42
13. Re: Traveling with Kids

LJP, any feedback from your trip is really appreciated. I am glad you loved the Aussie Rules game, every visitor I have sent to the games has had a great time. I would love to hear about your visit, where you went, what you enjoyed and also any of the places you went too from tips on TA that you found really worthwhile. We can only assume people will like them....so if we get to hear their thoughts, it helps when we advise others.

And of course you can state on here how much better Melb was than Sydney....haha....can you hear the gasps of collected breaths from up north already. :-))