We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have 2 nights- Melbourne or Gold coast??

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 9
Have 2 nights- Melbourne or Gold coast??

Hi

I am traveling to Australia in July and want to cover 3 destinations- The Reef, Sydney and either Melbourne (Victoria) or Gold coast?

If I have 2-3 days, what would you recommend between Melbourne and Gold coast to ensure that I get completely unique experiences in each leg of the trip??

Also, suggest a 2-3 days itinerary for your recommendation.

Thanks!

1. Re: Have 2 nights- Melbourne or Gold coast??

Gold coast is fairly ugly and your not missing out on anything if you skip it. However it has excellent themeparks, a nice surf beach and the country it's situated in Is stunning.

Melborne is full of beautiful victorian architecture, good food and a buzy. Vibe. However again, like the gold coast, of you don't visit Melbourne your not missing out on very much.

Just a suggestion, how about you go to darwin instead. Spend your first day exploring the city, see the giant crocodiles, visit the art meusem and go to the famous market (sorry the name has slipped my mind.) for the next day take a day trip out to kakadu.

Good luck!

Broadford, Australia
reviews: 42
2. Re: Have 2 nights- Melbourne or Gold coast??

Mindl markets in Darwin. Only on certain days.

Melbourne will be quite cold in July, if you want to factor that experience into your thoughts.

3. Re: Have 2 nights- Melbourne or Gold coast??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2014