We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devonshire House Hobart, give this one a miss. RIP OFF

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 13
Devonshire House Hobart, give this one a miss. RIP OFF

Have just arrived back from a great holiday in Hobart,enjoyed every minute of it except for our 6 nights stay at Devonshire House.

We had booked for 6 nights ( four adults ) cost $1,800, for this price we got breakfast left in the fridge for one day only,the cups,plates, coffee mugs,all had cracks in them,when I phoned the hosts to complain I was informed that everything was brand new,well if this was new I would hate to see old..... There was not enough tea or coffee. they provided a dishwasher,but only enough dishwasing liquid for 3 days,all in all very disappointing.

We will return to Tasmania again as it's a beautiful place,but will look for better accomadation next time.

The 6 nights we spent there we never ever saw our hosts,who I might add lived around the next street. Which meant we had to pay them by phone, which I thought was very rude on their behalf.

queensland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Devonshire House Hobart, give this one a miss. RIP OFF

Hi ho Irishguinness,

What a shame you got done over where you stayed, not fair when you payed sooo much. Can you complain to Travel agent [ if you used one ]

Im an ex Tasmanian and i love the place, glad to hear that it didnt dampen you spirit to return as it has so much to offer. Devonshire House [ from hell ] can ruien it for people but im glad you could see past that and still enjoy yourselfs.

Cheers...Warwick

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
2. Re: Devonshire House Hobart, give this one a miss. RIP OFF

give em an email and tell em youve bad mouthed them, I would, and write a review on the place, any photos??

good luck, keep me posted

Lilyana xxx

3. Re: Devonshire House Hobart, give this one a miss. RIP OFF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 23, 2009