We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ghost tours

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
windsor nsw
ghost tours

I read here at one time about some very good ghost tours in Hobart

they found out about them on bakery window in hobart.

Does anyone know of them ? Thanks

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
1. Re: ghost tours

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255097-i1073-k124…

One thing I would recommend is the ghost tour of battery point which we took - this is a walking tour in the evening, lasts for about 2 hours, with a very enthusiastic lady who has a great deal of knowledge not only about local ghosts, but also the history of Hobart and the old houses there. We found her through an advertising board outside the Salamanca Bakehouse.

windsor nsw
2. Re: ghost tours

Thanks that's the one i was talking about, we are staying at Battery Point so will look into it when we get there

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
3. Re: ghost tours

Castle of Spirits has list of ghost tours all around Australia:

www.castleofspirits.com/ghosttours.html#tas

Hobart
reviews: 12
4. Re: ghost tours

www.penitentiarychapel.com/html/ghosttour.htm

$10 bargain

oh and I have not been to a night tour - too scared!

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
5. Re: ghost tours

I just noticed, I should have put that quote from the link in inverted commas. Not my personal recommendation, I haven't done it.

newcastle
reviews: 7
6. Re: ghost tours

Oh Valmai, you're going to start thinking i don't have anything nice to say about anything. Unfortunately though I did adelle's $25.00 per head ghost tour and let me tell you that unless you are very gullible or strongly believe in ghosts it is another waste of time and money.

She just walks you around the streets. Doesn't actually take you inside any of the supposedly haunted buildings except the motel Lenna which is in use and not very interesting. Not a bad history lesson though and if the weather's nice it makes a good pre dinner walk. All the best

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hamilton Island
reviews: 9
7. Re: ghost tours

Last year we did the ghost tour at Port Arthur in March

We really enjoyed the tour and found it very interesting especially at night walking around those lonely buildings

However the greatest interest to me was one room we entered .. the story was told of its history and what had happened there so thought so more of it

Next day whilst walking around I took some digitial photos .. now I have literally taken thousands' so am quite used to my camera and how it works

When we got home I downloaded to my computer and this one photo in the room which was taken during day light hours shows the most amazing white type of mist across the centre of the photo .. photos taken either side of this one were perfectly fine as they were taken in the corridor .. but this photo is unreal !!!!!!!

If anyone wants to see, email me and I will forward a copy

I contacted the director after wards and emailed him a copy and he said it is common to get unexplained photos from PA

Just an interesting side line to the above

Abbey

Melbourne
reviews: 14
8. Re: ghost tours

Oh a ghost photo...I gotta see that...

Woollysmum

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
9. Re: ghost tours

got to see this pic abbey!!!

I have been to Lenna of Hbart and felt the spirits around me.

as did i at peppers hepburn springs.

id love to see the pic, but my PM doesnt work!!!

(blocked it due to unwarranted rude people, now it wont unblock)

10. Re: ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 14, 2009