We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in December

Which Kangaroo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turin, Italy
reviews: 25
weather in December

Hello, I will be in KI with my boyfriend in late December, and we will be doing a 3 day backpackers style tour. What kind of clothes should we bring? I read it's never very hot in KI, and I was wondering if jackets and warm clothes will be needed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
reviews: 26
1. Re: weather in December

In december on KI I really wouldn't be packing a lot of warm clothes but it can get cool at times so be prepared by packing Shorts, T shirts, shirts and then take a Jacket (not arctic type.. perhaps a Hoodie Jacket or equivalent ), and a pair of jeans or long trousers. Layer up if it gets colder but the odds are that you could equally strike a warm weather pattern where you could be in shorts and T shirts day and night. All I say is .. layers..layers .. layers... Start with shorts and a T Shirt, put a long sleeve shirt over the top of that if you get cooler, and then a jacket if cooler again, finally add jeans if it's REALLY cold .. Most important would be good walking shoes and a hat... never underestimate the strength of our sun in summer... ALWAYS put on sunscreen if you're not used to Australian Sun

Turin, Italy
reviews: 25
2. Re: weather in December

Thank you very much!

3. Re: weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 27, 2012