We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frangipani 106

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elmore, Australia
Frangipani 106

My partner, 12 yo son and I have just spent a week on HI staying in Frangipani 106. The apartment was spacious and has fantastic views over Catseye Bay. It is not as modern as the apartments either side of it and could do with a little TLC and modernising but still very very comfortable.

We had Coles Online delivered and it was in the apartment when we arrived. All good there. The local supermarket was not too badly priced for somethings but others were overpriced. we took wine as were advised it was not great and over priced. saying that we had a couple bottles of Wild Oats pinos grigio at Sails and it was not too bad at all.

The weather was very ordinary - windy and wet - but we still managed to enjoy ourselves in the tropical atmoshpere of the island. Could not get out to the reef tho.

The things we found most economical and enjoyable:

- having the buggy included - a must have!

- the three ticket deal of mini golf, dinghy hire and wildlife park

- the verandah bar and Sails restaurant - food not startling but quite well priced

- the mantra ray cafe - yummy and well priced

- happy hour at the pool bars

I would advise families about:

- breakfast at the wildlife park - an absolute rip off - $34 for a cooked breaky that was not at all exciting (we discoved bacon and egg muffins at the marina deli on the last day!)

- the jet boat ride - we felt really unsafe and was thrown around a lot - not enjoyable at all.

- be sure that if you book things and they dont run due to weather that you can get your money back.

- Frangipani 106 is up two flights of stairs - would be a pain with a stroller and litte ones - be wary of this

We were welcomed from the minute we got off the plan - HI Holiday Homes made it all very simple.

A beautiful island that we would visit again.

Australia
reviews: 35
1. Re: Frangipani 106

Thank you for posting this information. My family will be holidaying there in a couple of weeks so this information is very helpful, particularly in respect of food and drink.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Frangipani 106

Glad to hear you had a great time!

I personally feel that the aparments are the way to go when you stay at Hamilton. Better value for money and you get a buggy included.

Nola ;)

3. Re: Frangipani 106

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics