We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Whitsundays, Sept 2013 - Which island?

Belfast, United...
reviews: 5
Visiting Whitsundays, Sept 2013 - Which island?

We are planning our honeymoon to Australia for September 2013, with a probable stop-off in the Whitsundays, and trying to decide whereabouts to stay while there,

(I posted a more general question about my itinerary here, in case you're interested: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k5515387-o10-Potential_Itineraries_for_a_honeymoon_in_Australia_Sept_2013-Australia.html)

So far, I've narrowed it down to going to the Whitsundays rather than Fraser Island (time is tight), but I can't decide whether to stay on the coast in Airlie beach or on an island.

If we go for an island, which one>

Is there much in Airlie Beach itself?

Is 3 days stay a reasonable amount of time?

We will be arriving from Brisbane, and we will probably stay around 3 days before heading on up to Cairns. We aren't big sunbathers, but I think we'll need a few days relaxing after flying long haul and seeing Sydney, Brisbane (and potentially Melbourne). So somewhere not too frenetic, but still with stuff to do - nice walks, see the whales (I think it's the right time of year), maybe take a boat cruise, etc.

As we are going to Cairns afterwards, I think we'll leave the GBR til then.

1. Re: Visiting Whitsundays, Sept 2013 - Which island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Whitsunday Islands