We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early April

Newzealand
Early April

Panning a holiday to dunk island early April does any one know what the weather is like that time of year? And is the island really as bad as it sounds?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
1. Re: Early April

I really enjoyed Dunk Island, however I only went as a day visitor. See my review with pics.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255076-d258…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255076-c79555/Dunk-I…

The other option you have is to stay at this cute beach shack on Mission Beach and go to Dunk Island as a day visitor.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499675-d570…

http://www.dunk-island.com/weather/

It will still be nice at Dunk in April.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 11
2. Re: Early April

The island is lovely, the reviews are for the accommodation I guess. I also day trip and stay Mission Beach. Island just offshore really. They do get high rainfall, something to do with very high mountains between Cairns and Cardwell. April maybe ok, cannot guarantee as not yet dry season but over the worst of wet season. That area is about the wettest in the country, you see houses in nearby Tully very mouldy. Makes Cairns look arid lol.

My favourite bit of coastline in Far North Queensland. Not sure I feel a need to stay overnight there though.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 11
3. Re: Early April

By overnight, I mean on the island itself. Prefer Mission beach,though requires a car as Mission Beach is a collection of villages stretching 20km. They have redone the resort there if interested called Elandra. Have not stayed there ...yet!

4. Re: Early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dunk Island