We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orpheus Island Resort?

Los Angeles, CA
Orpheus Island Resort?

I was interested in Honeymooning at Orpheus Island Resort next July. I'd love to get any feedback about what it is like as well as comparisons to Bedarra and Lizard Islands. Thanks!

Australia
1. Re: Orpheus Island Resort?

Havent stayed at Bedarra but have stayed at Orpheus and Lizard ... Orpheus wins hands down!

The rooms are a little nicer at Lizard but Orpheus is a better in every other respect (grounds, restaurant, pool, etc)..

Australia
2. Re: Orpheus Island Resort?

Lucky me I have been to all three! Orpheus is fab, good food, good snorkelling but the rooms have no view which is a shame as the sunsets are amazing. Also, when the tide goes out, there is a mudflat which looks a bit ugly. Staff were friendly and the resort is small but luxurious. Bedarra is amazing, the split level villa's are the way to go with amazing views, food is fantastic and the open bar is very tempting. However, the snorkelling off the beach is pretty average. But there is great shelterd beach to lay in the sun and large day beds on the front deck. Lizard has great rooms, the best snorkelling straight of the beach but is a bit bigger in size than Orpheus and Bedarra. All these resorts offer picnic lunches and dingies to explore the area. Bedarra was the most luxurious but also the most expensive, however a great honeymoon destination. All three would be good, it depends how much you want to spend and how big a resort you want to stay at. Orpheus and Bedarra are about the same size and Lizard is bigger.

reviews: 55
3. Re: Orpheus Island Resort?

I think a good way to describe the difference between Orpheus, Lizard and Bedarra - Bedarra sticks out and its claim is total privacy and exclusivity. This is a hide-away for rich and famous, and one never knows who may be in residence at any given date. This is total Bliss at its finest.

Get answers to your questions about Great Barrier Reef