We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Townsville Hostels- Locals recommendation

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairns
reviews: 110
Townsville Hostels- Locals recommendation

Hello,

I am putting together an itinerary and I am hoping to get townsville lodgings for a small group of 5 (so share a 6 bed dorm). I have had groups through here before and the experience varies. The last place that we used 'Reef Lodge' was overpriced for what they get and the management seem very dodgy.

I was looking for a locals recommendation? The group are all English girls in their early 20's. It needs to be in walking distance of dinner options as well.

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
1. Re: Townsville Hostels- Locals recommendation

Well I guess you're not getting any locals recommendations im...??.....

So,my two bobs worth is....We stayed at Adventurers Resort a couple of years ago....AR is a backpackers lodge similar in a way to Reef Lodge....

AR's location is fabulous situated on the south side of Ross river and only a short walk to restaurants and over the bridge and you're in the city....

That's the good part....The not so good part is AR itself....

We stayed in a private room for 2 and it was ok and fairly clean....

To cut a long story short....You can go to my review of AR....Just type in Adventurers Resort reviews in the search box and read away....Very few encouraging reviews but all in all it was an experience....

We stayed at AR for 1 week...Thank goodness no longer so it all depends how long they will need lodgings....Sorry I can't be of more help....

2. Re: Townsville Hostels- Locals recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, June 21, 2013