We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 6
Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

I am taking my mother to Magnetic Island for 3 nights in June. We spent many a holiday over at Arcadia while we, the kids, were growing up as my Grandfather had a house over there and I have returned for numerous day trips over the years- but not to stay.

I am looking for views of the beach/water and want to treat my mother to a little bit of luxury. Last time we stayed these places did not exist- plus they were too expensive for a family once my grandfather left the island.

I am looking at a 2 bedroom apartment (Mum snores and I am willing to pay to get us separate rooms). I have found I can get rooms with views at Mantra One Bright Point (Ocean Views) for about $1100 or Peppers 2 bedroom Superior (2 rooms combined with marina views) for about $942 incl breakfast

Any opinions on views and or places in general- (yes I have read the reviews).

One last option might be Pure Magnetic but I think the villas at around the $1000 mark would be back from the beach behind the others. Would I be correct on these as they seem a lot cheaper than the others.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Helen

Qld
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 89
1. Re: Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

I have just booked 3 nights at 1 Bright Point in October in the Ocean Vista 2 bedroom apartment, It's one of the Alpha Apartments and I believe privately owned. The cost was around $700 and if you are looking for luxury this would fit the bill, we haven't been to MI before so we booked based on the internet site and the wonderful help we had in response to our inquiry.

http://www.brightpointdeluxe.com.au/aqua/

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 6
2. Re: Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

Thanks for that- i have sent them an online inquiry as they have $285 on that apartment for that period but as it is school holidays it may have already gone. It would make it considerably cheaper than through Mantra.

Qld
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 89
3. Re: Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

They have an availability calendar on there which may give you an indication of whether it's booked out not sure how up to date it is though but it might be worth a look, good luck hope they can fit you in & I'll look forward to hearing what it's like in real life :)

4. Re: Magnetic Island- opinions on these places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, May 23, 2012