We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Travel to Townsville

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas...
November Travel to Townsville

I am going to be traveling to Townsville in November. I have never been to Australia and have no idea what to do, what to see, or what to pack. I have several months to plan but want to make sure I can get the best out of my trip. Any suggestions will be greatly accepted.

Antipodes
reviews: 121
1. Re: November Travel to Townsville

Pack for hot and humid conditions (20C+ nights and 33C+ days). Shorts, t-shirts, sandles... it's very casual here.

Let us know how long you're coming for, maybe the purpose of your trip if it's relevant, what you'd like to see and whatnot.

We'll try to help you some more.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 576
2. Re: November Travel to Townsville

If you are visiting Townsville you may be interested in this thread below which gives you details on what is around Townsville with driving distances.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18251-Brisbane…

As FB2 mentioned its hot, so bring your swimmers...

Have Fun !

EM.

Sydney
reviews: 1
3. Re: November Travel to Townsville

Hi , I used to live in Towmsville and it's a great little city.(I currently live in Sydney so let me know if you need help there too)

Very hot in November - so I definitely agree with short, tops, sunscreen, swimmers / bathers and plenty of water!

Some suggestions - Magnetic Island (I'd stay for a few days in Arcadia, hire a mini-moke to get around, they're plenty of fun), Great Barrier Reef (can also get here from Cairns). Some tours include a seafood lunch, snorkelling, glass botton boats etc, a few pubs to try - The Brewerary & The Watermark. Flinders Street is the nighclub scene, there's plenty of cool pubs too.

You'll need to rent a car as the public transport is not that good. If you stay somewhere near The Strand then taxi's home from nights out in town will be very cheap.

Any more quetsion let me know.

N x

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
4. Re: November Travel to Townsville

Hi...I am the same as Neri...!!

Tho' I was born and bred in Townsville but now live in Sydney too...

Take a drive up Castle Hill during the day and then,for a totally different experience,do it again at night...Castle Hill is in the center of the city...Fabulous views...!!

Of course you can climb it as we used to when we were kids...but it's hot during November...

November is also the beginning of mango season...

Kensington Prides or Bowen Specials as they are known...The bestest,fattest tasting mangoes on Earth bar none...

There's a mango tree behind Yamaha motorcycles in Aitkenvale...We raided it last year....Hehe...!!

Where are you staying...??..and for how long...??..

There's so much to see and do in North Queensland...

North Queensland
reviews: 14
5. Re: November Travel to Townsville

There is also Billabong Sanctuary, Reef HQ and the Museum of Tropical Queensland, which apart from anything else has a fabulous display of artifacts from the wreckage of the "Pandora" a ship that was sent from England to catch the mutineers from the Bounty (as in the film Mutiny on the Bunty), the museum and Reef HQ are in buildings next door to each other so can be done in one day.

6. Re: November Travel to Townsville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 28, 2009