We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sub Penthouse

Which Surfers Paradise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne...
Sub Penthouse

As the title says. Going up to Surfer's early Feb with about 10-12 mates. We're looking at getting 2 sub pent house apartments.

Most people tell me to either go to Q1 or Chevron. So I've been looking into them.

From what I've read, Q1 has better views and apartments, but Chevron has better service. Chevron has better facilities, is centrally located and has a better vibe for young people.

How high would the sub penthouses be? Would the views really differ that much from that high up?

Also, as far as I know, Q1 is a smoke free building, like not even on the balcony, which is a huge negative, all though not enough to completely rule it out.

So yea. Group of young guys, ages ranging from 18-22. Which hotel would suit us better, the Q1 or the Towers of Chevron and why? Price isn't really too big of an issue. Oh and any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance. :)

1. Re: Sub Penthouse

Can't say I've stayed in the two you've mentioned before or these, but, two others you could check out is the Hilton and Sea Temple.

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Sub Penthouse

ive stayed in both the chevron and q1, although not in sub penthouses.

i would choose q1 over chevron as it is a bit more modern and newer facilities.

chevron is a little more central but q1 is only a couple of blocks from cavill and is still in a great position. q1 views would be that little bit better as it is the tallest building.

i would put the level of service a little better at chevron only because it is more of a hotel whereas q1 is more apartment style, but not much difference at all.

not sure about the no smoking

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
reviews: 27
3. Re: Sub Penthouse

Sub-Penthouse's are generally at the top of the buildings just under the Penthouses. The higher the building the higher they will be.

Either Q1 or Chevron would be fine, however I do believe that Q1 is non-smoking. The balconies are partially or fully enclosed.

Also, maybe check out the sub-penthouses in Circle on Cavill which may also suit you if you want to stay in the centre of Surfers Paradise.

4. Re: Sub Penthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 18, 2013