We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Holiday Club

Which Surfers Paradise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings
reviews: 1
The Holiday Club

Has anyone on holiday encountered these people selling expensive accommodation and holidays at cheap prices if you sign up with them? Are they as good as they sound, or is it a bit of a scam?

Brisbane...
181. Re: The Holiday Club

i won the holiday to port macquarie or fiji yesterday at The Carrara Markets on the Gold Coast, its states in terms & conditions: whilst you are under no obligation to purchase anything, if you refuse the presentation then the free stay accomodation will revert back to the resorts rack rate for that period and charged back to me. So does that mean, if i do not go to the presentation and do not buy anything from the resort i will be charged full price? But if i purchase lets say, a breakfast for two all i will have to pay is the $99 booking fee and the usual $200 deposit to cover any incidentals during my stay? Any feed back is appreciated

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 120
182. Re: The Holiday Club

What they mean is that you will pay the reduced price($99) plus incidental charge (which is to cover phone bills, newspaper if you order one etc) provided you attend the presentation. If you dont attend the presentation then you will pay the rack rate for the resort which will be huge I am picking.

The whole idea of this promotion is to give the developers a second crack at tempting you to buy within the resort. It is quite likely that at the presentation you will be offered a once in a lifetime price never to be repeated if you pay up then and there. Bear in mind you have to pay for the cost of you getting to and from the resort. If you decide to go to the resort, make sure you leave your cheque book and credit cards in your room when you go to the presentation. This will prevent you from succumbing to any pressure to purchase because you havent the means to pay and sign nothing at the presentation. If you want to take advantage of the offer it will still be there tomorrow. Happy holidaying

Brisbane...
reviews: 2
183. Re: The Holiday Club

Just sat through over 2 hours of sale pitch from classic holidays. While the deals on the holidays look great. It costs over $20000.00 joining fee. Youmust sign up on the spot. I doubt that most people wish to part with this amount of money without having a bit of time to work out if it is worthwhille. They are not interested inallowing you time to think and get back to them. The instant prize is a bit of a pain to claim. You go to the website read all the conditions,if you wish to upgrade it costs more, then you have to call a number to book but you still have know idea which accomodation it is at as it doesn't tell you.I will make sure i avoid these people next time

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 120
184. Re: The Holiday Club

Karen I wonder how many people actually sign up on the spot. As a long standing member of resorts managed by Classic Holidays I reckon their "points" deals are a ripoff.

Geelong, Australia
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
reviews: 11
185. Re: The Holiday Club

I have used qld Gold Coast holidays that sell accommodation vouchers for a deposit of $30 as a promotion in shopping centres. They have apartments on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and north qld. The accommodation is a quality product and is certainly not time share. They have a web site. I would have no hesitation in using this company if looking for accommodation in qld.

reviews: 1
186. Re: The Holiday Club

Just gave away 20 and thought I'd google them. Feel like an idiot. We scratched and won holiday. So glad that we won't waste time on presentation just 20 wasted.

Toowoomba, Australia
187. Re: The Holiday Club

What if you have already signed up? Can you get out of it?? HELP

South Pole
reviews: 38
188. Re: The Holiday Club

there should be a cooling off period.

check the t&c's of your contract.

Gold Coast...
189. Re: The Holiday Club

I have saved thousands and speak to the office regularly they plan everything for me, I travel at least twice a year with my family, it took some time to understand the full concept of the points sytem but once I got it I just flew ahead in flying colours and have referred friends..... defintely a wise investment................

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
reviews: 81
190. Re: The Holiday Club

A first time post from an OP from the Gold Coast praising an organisation from the Gold Coast. Food for thought.