We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

capricorn caves...has anyone been?

Which Rockhampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 43
capricorn caves...has anyone been?

has anyon ebeen to teh caves - is it worth a detour from Rockhampton...we are heading for Myella farmstay - the other direction!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 82
1. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

Do you like caves?

I have been to these caves many times both the commercial ones and several times when we did some exploratory research.

I love caves so I think these are really worth visiting, also Chillago caves in North QLD.

london
2. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

not hugely into caves but i hear these are very dramatic during december as the sun is directly overhead so if you take the eleven o'clock tour light comes into the caves.are usaying that they are not worth a detour and making special plans to be there? sorry about my typing but my keyboard is doing funny things...

london
3. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

Hi Surfoz, me agian, keyboard working now...just wanted to ask about Chillagoe - is the country side every different up there? dont know if you have seen my other post about fossicking but just trying to get an idea of what the area around Mount Surprise looks like compared to Emerald - are both dusty and barren?

thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
4. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

No, I really think they are worth the detour.

I haven't heard about what you mention with the sun, but it sounds awesome, I would definitely check it out.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
5. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

G'day Anitafiona again,

I haven't been to Emerald so can't comment there. The land around Chillago consists of many limestone outcrops, the caves were beautiful. The environment is quite bushy and dry.

london
6. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

thanks Surfoz - a trip to the caves it is then! best wishes

Colorado
reviews: 16
7. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

Been there - small, commercial, cheesey. Not worth it, unless you've never been in a cave before.

Rockhampton...
reviews: 77
8. Re: capricorn caves...has anyone been?

hi, we were there about 6 months ago and we loved it. the caves are beautiful ans they cater for wheelchair access as well, which is really cool!! the sunlight coming through the top of the cave in summer is called the summer solstis. its quite spectacular and well worth the trip. i'm going again this summer for the solstis so i can get some great photo's. sara is an awesome guide!!