We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private and secluded with private pool

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Private and secluded with private pool

I am planning on staying a couple of days with my girlfriend in Port Douglas and wanted to have a place which is modern, private, secluded and has a private pool such that other neighbours/public cannot see you when you go swimming.

There does not seem to be much choice except for those houses which come with like 4 bedrooms etc and therefore out of my price range of $350 per night max. I came across Omkara which seems to be what I am after. Anyone lived in one of the Kutirs at Omkara? Any one got photos of the interior cos there aint much pictures of the inside of these Kutirs? Are the interior very modern and luxurious? Can other guests and the public see you if you swim in the private pool? Any other comments positive or negative?

Any other recommendations apart from Omkara which would satisfy our requirements?

Thanks!

London, United...
reviews: 27
1. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

I think I have the place for you!! I found it and am booking it for our trip next year!

It is:

www.portdouglascottage.com/cottage.html

Any good?

Hong Kong
2. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

Thanks for the link. I have actually seen that property before but it kinda looks relatively old and my girlfriend and I are trying to look for a more modern apartment/villa, such as the Trinity on the Esplanade (http://www.trinityesplanade.com/), but unfortunately it only has a shared pool.

Btw if there are any places around cairns (eg port douglas/palm cove) that would suit our requirement then pls let us know!!! Thanks!

Australia
3. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

Besides private villas, I think you will find it difficult to locate something like that.

My only suggestion is to try Pink Flamingo,they don't have private pools, but they used to ( I say used to, because it's been years since I last saw the villas) have an outdoor bath,which looked great.

They used to cater for the gay market only, but since the present owners bought it, they have opened their doors to everyone and have really put in a lot of time and effort to make it an excellent small private complex.

Good luck.

Hong Kong
4. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

In that case, are there any private villas you can recommend?

Would be good if it was beachfront but not a prerequisite. Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 615
5. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

kewarra beach resort - offers private bungalows but over your budget.

angsana resort but again expensive at palm cove.

Australia
6. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

Hi again

Have been thinking for you....

Best suggestion that I can make is to perhaps direct you to a website that delas with villas in all price ranges. www.portdouglasgetaways.com.au

they have a couple of villas which may suit your requirements Surya and Injasuti,both located in Port Douglas and very close to the beach.However, they do have an email address for enquiries,so I would suggest that you send them a quick email with requirements and I'm certain they will be able to help you.

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 22
7. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

have just booked a short break in Palm cove at sebel reef house which does rooms with spa bath on the balcony- so does the nearby outrigger in palm cove-have a look on their web site. we havent been yet but palm cove has been recommended to us for a peaceful nice resort with good places to eat ?! Dont know if this helps?

adelaide
reviews: 1
8. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

Try the Angsana....they used to have a few untis with private pools....but it is expensive.

melbourne
9. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

We are also looking for such accomodation .something which the people next door cant see in ...let me know how you fare regards Warwick

Australia
10. Re: Private and secluded with private pool

Just an update. I had a sneak preview of the new Sea Temple in Port Douglas, some look quite private with their own private pool area.Greenery still to be planted though, but may be worth an inquiry. Rates should be ok as they're looking to get up and going.