We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

Hi All

Heading to PD for 10 days in about 3 weeks time. We are a family of 6 with 2 teenagers and 2 toddlers (4&2). We are wanting to do a trip to low isles but not sure who to go with - Sailaway or Aquarius. They both look like similar tours and both have good reviews. Are we pretty safe with either one or would one be better than other seeing as though we have little ones. Any help is appreciated

Thaks

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

We have only been on Aquarius so i might sound biased but when we were out there i said to my self gee i am glad we chose Aquarius as it is only 18 months or so old it is fantastic and they have a glass bottom boat to take the little ones to the island.Aquarius is a luxury catamaran and is very stable in the water,why dont you go down to the Marina and have a look at both yachts for yourself.This time of year i wouldnt wait to long to book or you may miss out on your preffered dates.

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

Thanks Micklaw for your response - Aquarius certainly looks like a beautiful boat but I was just having a closer look at the Aquarius website and they have on there that they dont take kids under 14 so it looks like our decision is made for us and we will be heading with Sailway. They dont seem to have any issues with the littlies and also do the Glass bottom boat tour. Cant wait and we will make sure we book when we first arrive in PD to avoid missing out.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

A friend of ours went out on Sailaway and had a great time,she said it was the best tour that she had done on that trip and loved snorkelling with the Turtles.Now that you mention it i dont remember seeing any little ones on Aquarius.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
4. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

We went with Quicksilver and had a great time. They also have a glass bottomed boat. Not sure about age limits

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

Quicksilver go out to the outer reef and they are a great tour if you want to go to the outer reef.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 11
6. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

We went with Quicksilver and had a great time. They also have a glass bottomed boat. Not sure about age limits

We went with Quicksilver to the Low Isles

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

Quicksilver is the name of the company you would have went with,the boat would have been Wavedancer.Their Quicksilver V111 and Silversonic boats go to the outer reefs.

8. Re: Sailaway or Aquarius to Low Isles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 20, 2012