We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Douglas Accommodation

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin Ireland
reviews: 4
Port Douglas Accommodation

Hi,

We are 2 couples with a baby and an 8yr old boy from Ireland spending a week in PD July next as part of our holiday in Australia.

I would love to hear any advice on accommodation in PD. A Holiday home or nice apartment complex at a reasonable rate is what we are looking for idealy close to town and beach.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mossy

Australia
1. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Hi Mossy,

July, is peak season here in Port Douglas, and everything you'll look at will be at high season rates.

If you have a budget in mind, let me know, so perhaps I can make some recommendations.

Other suggestion, is to go to www.pddt.com.au and click on accommodation,put in your price range and a few options will come up for you to look into.

If there is anything available close to the beach or town,expect to pay premium rates.

Dublin Ireland
2. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Thanks very much travelport, I've been reading some of your reports on trip-advisor and you are a mine of information, you should write a guide book.

been looking at Tropical Nights, Central plaza and the Hibiscus. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on these.

Cheers

Mossy

Australia
3. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Thanks Mossy,maybe one day I'll just do that.

Now to help you out there.

Hibiscus, is definately the pick of the three,for location and ambience(you'll really feel like you're on holidays)

Balinese style decor,day spa on premises and breakfast bar also now available on site.

Walk to town,ideal with an 8year old and close to the beach.

Central Plaza,is the next pick, a further two streets away from Hibiscus, about a 7 minute walk into town,nice premises,great pool(your 8 year old will love it)nice very clean apartments and about a 5 minute walk to the beach, tennis courts across the road.

Tropical Nites,older, and further out of town,too far to walk with an 8 year old.Further to the beach, last choice.

Dublin Ireland
4. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Many thanks for your help Travelport

Hibicus was not available on our dates when we went to book. So we have booked Central plaza which looks Ideal with the pool for the young lad ect.

Thanks again.

Mossy

Cornwall, UK
reviews: 31
5. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Hi Mossymor

You will not be dissapointed with your choice of Central Plaza - we stayed here last November for four nights and we were delighted with our choice.

On making the decision as to where to stay in PD I enquired through TA if anyone had any reports. At this stage there had only been a couple of posts but decided to go with it and book! You will notice now yourself, how many people have since posted good reports and I am sure that you will be satisfied with your choice.

Cornish

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
6. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

hi, ofcourse not as knowledged as travelport, but we found at the mango tree, very reasonable and everything you need in an apartment and complex. maybe not your thing, have a look, www.mango-tree-port-douglas.com

good luck

Dublin Ireland
7. Re: Port Douglas Accommodation

Have already booked Central Plaza but thanks for the input Lilyana.

Great to hear you had such a good experience Cornish. I'd be very interested in any other tips you might like to pass on, or any other good experiences you had.

Thanks for your comments