We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

Can anyone advise which of the following they would recommend 6 middle age couples to stay at in May 06?

1 Beach Terraces 15-17 Garrick St

2 Beaches19-21 The Esplanade

3 Beachfront Terrace 17 The Esplanade

Thanks

Mark 100

Australia
1. Re: which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

Beachfront Terraces and Beaches, are both on the Esplanade, side by side,and both owned by the same people, with Beach Terraces being the oldest of the two.

The Beach Terraces in Garrick Street is directly behind these two(one street back)

Have not stayed at any of them, but all seem to be run extremely well. Sorry can't give you any more information,perhaps someone that has stayed there can help you out a bit more.

reviews: 54
2. Re: which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

Beaches is an apartment hotel building. The units are adequate but not flash by any means. They have up to 3 brs I do believe, and pool area is really nice. When first opened, they were really nice, but I guess with time, we all start to show our age. As for the terraces next door. Quite old, small and my biggest memory was they were very dark inside. Most I think, are two story townhouse style and very basic inside. Some refurb work was done around 5 years ago, but I think this would still be in the 3 star category where Beaches could be in the 4's

The only thing I liked about these places was location to the beach - but actually much prefer something mid town PD.

perth
3. Re: which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

We stayed in both Beachfront Tce and Beaches. I recommend Beaches as the apartments are alot larger and the pool is better. We had two children under two and the Beachfront Terraces were not adequate at all. At Beaches we had a two bedroom apartment on the ground floor with direct access to the pool. This was great as it was just like having your own pool as you just had to open your pool gate from your verandah. As such, you could also enjoy the verandah as it was like another room. Depends on your budget and whether you like good accommodation or weather the basics will just do and you don't mind a small place to sleep. I believe the accommodation can make your holiday alot more relaxing.

Washington DC...
reviews: 64
4. Re: which is best to stay at? Beach Tce, Beaches, or Beachfront...

Don't know about either of these, but I recommend the Martinique on Macrossan. Very nice, spacious, clean and, affordable. Oh yeah, and you have satellite cable and great air conditioning to also! The location is great too because it is right beside the beach and in very close walking proximity to the Port Douglas shops and resturaunts.