We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

I'm trying to decide between the two. The difference is $20/night for a studio. Which one would be the best pick? This is for the first week of Jan, and I'm travelling by myself. Thanks.

reviews: 55
1. Re: Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

Highfligher - I dont know Regal, but LOVE Hibiscus! The studio is more space than you will need - only one block from all the great eateries in PD, and centrally located. Really great property - if you are weary, they have a terrific spa so book a one hour massage after your long flight!

Australia
2. Re: Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

Not much difference in price...

Regal is main street,Hibiscus is a stone's throw from it.

Regal looks rather modern and sterile,Hibiscus has more ambience,Balinese style,and yes, the spa is absolutely wonderful, definetely recommend it.

If you choose Hibiscus,perhaps try and ask for a studio away from any families,being January and school holidays.

Yorkshire, England
3. Re: Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

I agree with Travelport. The Hibiscus looked lovely. We stayed at the Port Douglas Retreat over the road(which was good for us and our first visit to PD) but we did say if we get to go back we'd stay at the Hibiscus.) It is in a nice quiet area away from Macrossman St but close enough to everything!and anyway you need a walk after eating all the fantastic food in PD!!

Cardiff
reviews: 9
4. Re: Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

I have just returned from PD and stayed at the Hibiscus, I would strongly recommend it. I will put a report on the main site, however you are positioned just from the main street, however is very relaxed.

Manchester UK
reviews: 34
5. Re: Hibiscus Gardens or Regal Resort?

Stayed at the Regal in August. It was OK, clean, well equipped etc but I wouldn't rush back. From other posts it sounds as though Hibiscus Gardens might be your best bet.