We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfree Aqueous on Port

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 7
Breakfree Aqueous on Port

Has anyone stayed at the Breakfree Aqueous on Port? The photos look great, but they can never be fully trusted....Thanks!

Melbourne Australia
1. Re: Breakfree Aqueous on Port

Hi, we think you need to be cautious about breakfree branded resorts, they are very heavily promoted to the domestic market and we had a one and only stay (not at this particular one), both the advertising and photography is very clever. They were still building aqueous when we were last in Port and it did look like it was going to be impressive none the less. The fact that they are so new might be why you have not had any response so far. There are a lot of great places to stay in Port including a couple of Outrigger branded. Some of the nicest are the locally owned and managed such as Mandalay, Mowbray by the Sea, Hibiscus Gardens, the list could go on. These are all self catering 4 and a half star plus apartments, excellent fit outs and a high level of amenities, close to town with everything accessible.

Gold Coast...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Breakfree Aqueous on Port

I have stayed at many BreakFree resorts (both the ones in Cairns, a few on the Gold Coast etc) and have never been disappointed. The last visit was at BreakFree Trilogy, on the Cairns esplanade, brand new and was perfect. Modern features, large apartments, great view and facilities. I chose this resort based on the fact that it had just been built, and everything would be brand new etc and I was most pleased.

I have seen pictures of this new resort - BreakFree Aqueous on Port and it looks fantastic, not to mention it is also brand new. The pictures that I relied on when booking BreakFree Trilogy in Cairns were accurate and spot on.

BreakFree is a reputable holiday resort company, and I would never second guess them to be dishonest with pictures on the website etc.

Sydney
reviews: 32
3. Re: Breakfree Aqueous on Port

Based on my limited experience, I'd tend to agree. The Breakfree resort in Palm Cove near Port Douglas is very nicely finished and the facilities, whilst not five-star are very good for the price. I saw Aqueous from the outside last week and it looks pretty good to me.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 14
4. Re: Breakfree Aqueous on Port

We returned from a 1 week stay at Aqueous on Port on Tuesday of this week.

We were very disappointed in the apartment and facilities.

The room was dirty & dusty (opened in April 05 I believe)

The frying pan/saucepans were filthy

Nothing to clean the pans with other than a Chux cloth (needs something a little more abrasive)

Toilet leaked - reception notified

Tumble dryer timer didn't work - fire risk - reception notified

Swimming pool not child friendly - 1.3-2.1mtrs deep

BBQ didn't work

Small 2 seater couch for a family of 4, no other lounge seats

Small dining table, ideal for 2 people only

The location is excellent - walking distance to beach & shops/cafes/restaurants but at the quiet end. Port Douglas is a wonderful place, we loved it. Just unfortunate that the accommodation was under par