We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clifton Beach Wedding

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Clifton Beach Wedding

We are getting married on Clifton Beach in September, and looking for a nearby beach hotel to stay at leading up through and on our wedding night (after our wedding night we are heading to PD).

Can anyone provide input on whether Bellevue at Trinity Beach is nice? Also, any restaurant recommendations for the night of our wedding? I am not having any luck finding restaurants in the Cairns area that look nice for a wedding night celebration. We are coming from the U.S., and my Mother will be the only family member attending our wedding, so she will be coming to dinner with us....as a reception of sorts :-)

Cairns
reviews: 2
1. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

Take a peek here http://www.cairnsbeachaccommodation.com.au/

Clifton Capers is good or you have Palm Cove just next door with a wide selection of restaurants

Cairns, Queensland...
2. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

I recommend palm cove. So many beautiful restaurants out there.It is very popular with weddings as well so they would be able to cater for your needs.

Cairns
reviews: 24
3. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

Congratulations! Clifton is a beautiful beach and popular with locals, not really touristy. So both for accommodation and restaurants nearby you probably need to look at Palm Cove. Cairns itself is a good 20-25 minutes drive so you need to decide if you want to travel that far. Check out the Reef House and Angsana at Palm Cove.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

Hi there!

Congratulations on your wedding! Palm Cove is stunning and right by Clifton Beach. Reef House is a lovely and romantic place for dinner and to stay.

If you are keen on Trinity Beach (that's where I live and love it), Bellevue is stunning, as is Vue Apartments. L'unico is a great restaurant and right on the water. It is approximately a 10 minute drive from Clifton Beach.

Feel free to contact me if you need any advice! Claudette@cairnsweddingplanner.com.au

- Claudette from Cairns Wedding Planner

San Antonio, Texas
5. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

Thank you very much for all of your responses!

By chance have any of you been to Bella Baci, or C'est Bon restaurants? If so, your thoughts?

Cairns
reviews: 24
6. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

I have not eaten at Belle Baci but we eat at C'est Bon regularly. It is one of our favourites! The owner there, Nicolas, is French, he use to be the chef there a few years back, married a local girl, went back to France for a bit but then moved back to Cairns and bought the restaurant! So truely a local French restaurant! I have never had a bad meal there and the menu is ever changing and uses lots of local ingredients but in a very French way. Equally good for long lunches and dinners. They have indoor seating as well as outdoor and September is a lovely month for both. Cairns also has some fantastic seafood restaurants and our favourites are Barnacle Bills and Splash both locally owned and use local product. Both easy to find at the northern end of the Esplanade. Caio Italia - known to locals as Donnini's and Bellocale are my two favourite Italian! I am getting carried away now! Enjoy planning your trip and happy to answer anything else!

San Antonio, Texas
7. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

Those all sound great! Thank you very much! We're both big foodies, so we definitely like to enjoy local food and wine when we travel.

8. Re: Clifton Beach Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014