We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile phone sim cards

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 8
mobile phone sim cards

Hi i am off to Australia for a month in March and would like to know if i can buy a local sim card to use in my phone whilst i am there.

Thanks

adrian

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 32
1. Re: mobile phone sim cards

As long as your phone works on the correct frequencies you will be able to buy a SIM for any of the 3 major networks, Telstra, Optus and Vodafone at convenience stores, newsagencies Post Offices etc no problem, register it from the phone, then just recharge as you require.

Just search the Aussie forums for mobile phones, SIMS and you'll pull up heaps of information on this topic, Cheerz Wab.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 45
2. Re: mobile phone sim cards

yep, walk into any store.

I'd go vodafone or optus, they have better rates, forget about telstra....ripoff!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 53
3. Re: mobile phone sim cards

You should be fine using your phone in Australia. Both Australia and Cyprus use the 900/1800 band. Just pick up a new SIM card like the other posters said.

4. Re: mobile phone sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 18, 2009