We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns or Brisbane?

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Cairns or Brisbane?

Hi I will be travelling to Oz next Feb. I will be going with a package deal that includes 3 nights in Sydney and 3 nights in either Brisbane or Cairns. I am 21 yo girl, which place do you think I would enjoy more/most things to do?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 56
1. Re: Cairns or Brisbane?

It depends which nights they are! Firstly, Brisbane is a city so there's plenty of shopping and places to eat out, but not much in the way of sights (unless you want to travel to the north or south).

Cairns is a town (well, a big town, but still nothing like Brisbane), so only has limited shopping and places to eat out, but has fabulous sights (Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Skyrail etc).

Brisbane has fabulous nightlife thursday through to sunday, but during the week it could be quiet. Cairns, on the other hand, is only a small town, but is full of backpackers so it's more likely you'll find some craic there on a monday or tuesday.

Hope that helps!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 89
2. Re: Cairns or Brisbane?

gk... when you come back to Brisbane , i will point you in the direction of the best sights off the tourist map.

cheers

3. Re: Cairns or Brisbane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 17, 2009