We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L.A.
reviews: 93
need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

I am needing a little helpful advice for most efficient transfer from the Brisbane Airport to Surfers Paradise using public transport. I have studied some and think the most streamlined way to transfer would be to take the Airtrain to Nerang and transfer to the 745 bus into Surfers Paradise. I am not sure where that bus stops,( I will be staying at Mantra Legends Hotel). Maybe there is a direct bus from the airport to Surfers, but I did not find one. Also since we intend on exploring the region a little, it seemed maybe that the SEEQ card would be our best cost to pay for the airport transfer and ride the public transports around the Gold Coast region. I would really appreciate some help in sorting out these questions. Thanks in advance for you taking your time and effort to help me. Regards, Steve

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
reviews: 25
1. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

Hi Steve,

What time are you arriving? If I were you I would do just as you say, Airtrain and then bus. The buses certainly go into Surfers Paradise and there will be quite a few others going your way.

I'm not familiar with the SEEQ card but I would just pay for the public buses around the coast as you need them. They are frequent and fairly cheap.

Failing that have you thought about hiring a car?

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 28
2. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

I am not sure $79 is justifiable in three days, that's an awful lot of travel.

…translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/seeq-car

Work out where you want to go, there's a transport map on the link, and check the cost. I think it's better value.

…translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/go-card/…

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 39
3. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

The SEEQ Go card would be a great option for you since you'll be travelling all the way from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. If you were going to Brisbane and back to the airport I wouldn't have suggested it, but in your case it will definitely save you money. There are also special offers connected to the card which could be useful to you, such as 10% discount to Dreamworld and Adults at Childrens prices for Currumbin Sanctuary.

translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/seeq-card…

Oscar

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
reviews: 25
4. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

really depends on how long you are staying. If you go the SEEQ card you need to use the benefits in 3 days. A return Airtrain ticket is $55. One way I guess is about $30? so you will need to use $50 worth of public bus fares in 3 days. Not sure if you could do that?

Also 10% of Dreamworld is about $8 - if you are planning on going there in those 3 days.

They have an unlimited entry to Dreamworld and WWW for $99 at the moment which is also good value.

Really depends on what you are planning to do during your stay.

L.A.
5. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

thank everyone for the efforts and comments. I arrive around 8:00A.M. in the morning into BNE. I plan on staying one week in Surfer's Paradise as I have a time share exchange completed to that location and not Coolingatta. I will be returning to BNE or Coolingatta to fly to another Australian city. I also have some friends in Tweed Heads so I thought the public transport might work out for a SEEQ card, but then again if the most gained is a 3 or 5 consecutive day use, it won't work quite right if I have to pay for a return Airtrain ride back to BNE airport but a cheap bus ride would work if I sort a flight out of Coolingatta. My weekly activities have not been sorted yet as this trip is down the road in February but I would need some form of transport to get around if we went to the Outback experience or some of the theme parks. Now that is about all I know at this point, so any additional comments relative to my partial itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
6. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

You could end up spending g a lot of time and money on public transport.

I'd endorse beach8um's suggestion to consider renting a car. Last time we were on the coast we got a Europcar through www.vroomvroomvroom.com for about $30 a day. Alpha Car rentals also operate out of an off airport site near Brisbane airport (they will do pick ups and drop offs at the airport) and they are also usually under $30 a day.

L.A.
7. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

I appreciate the comments and understand the monetary concerns. I just never have been comfortable driving on the opposite side of the road and having a momentary lapse of driving skill which leads me to using public transport in the UK and likewise Countries. Regards, Steve J

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
8. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

If you are spending a week, it may be better getting a normal gocard, which is like LAs TAP card. To give you an idea of what you will need to put on the card, It will cost around $30 each way for the trip to Brisbane airport and about $6 each way down to tweed heads. Also, once you have made 9 trips in a Monday-Sunday time period, travel is free for the remainder of the period. The Gold Coast is plagued with traffic (Though nothing compared to LA), so it's much easier catching public transport. Also once you leave South East Queensland, you are able to get the remanding balance on your card refunded.

translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/go-card

L.A.
9. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

Thanks a bunch Tom> I appreciate your helpful advice. I will work toward getting this sorted out. It looks like I can fly out of Coolingatta to my next city which will be easier than making the longer trip back to Brisbane. I still need a source of travel while I am on the Gold Coast. Thanks Mate. Regards, Steve

10. Re: need a clarification answer for travel from BNE to Sufers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014