We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Airport Transportation Question

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sammamish
Another Airport Transportation Question

I did several searchs but nothing seemed to jump out at me. So I apologize in advance for another boring transportation question.

What is a reasonable way to get from Brisbane Airport to Conrad Jupiters on the Gold Coast? Please note that I will be traveling alone (female), I will have been up for about 48 hours (don't sleep well on planes) and have some luggage (damn dress codes anyways). While I would love a completely hassle free ride to the hotel, I don't have huge amounts of money to throw around. Can you give me some options?

Australia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

Couple of choices:

1. Airtrain from the Airport to Robina Station then a bus or taxi to Conrad Jupiters. (www.airtrain.com.au)

2. Shuttle bus from the Airport to Conrad Jupiters. (www.goldcoasttransport.com.au or www.conxion.com.au)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 91
2. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

As you will have been awake for a considerable amount of time, be kind to yourself and catch a shuttlebus to Conrad.

Gold Coast...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

travelinshoes

try - Business Class Transfers

www.businessclasstransfers.com

They are door to door and you pay a little bit more but only ever pick up you and one other pick up AND if you are the only person arriving at the time requested it will just be you.

Excellent service!

Kabul, Afghanistan
reviews: 88
4. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

Suspect you're arriving morning from an overnight flight

Particularly if weekday, Train is inexpensive and I would catch it. Most trains from BNE airport go straight through to gold coast, even in peak hour are not anywhere near crowded so heaps of room for luggage- far more than any bus! A taxi from Nerang or Robina station to Jupiters shouldn't set you back too far.

Disadvantage of bus is that there is something between you and gold coast called the Gateway Motorway which is an excellent road ... to avoid in Peak Hours.

If weekend or outside peak hours shuttle (which I'm not familiar with) could be an option as others have pointed out

sammamish
5. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

Thanks all for the suggestions and the web sites, I'll check them all out. I think I arrive pretty early in the morning and so will be trying to get there during Peak morning commute I'm sure. I appreciate your help.

Melbourne
6. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

48 hours. Holy Moly, where are you coming from - Neptune? LOL

I assume your business is paying for Conrads because it's not cheap and not that close to the beach. Re-post if you want some alternatives

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 615
7. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

totally agree rooster, other options are available closer to the beach, and Conrad's, well it is tacky and touristy...

8. Re: Another Airport Transportation Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 15, 2009