We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Ace Rentals in Brisbane

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Avoid Ace Rentals in Brisbane

My wife booked a rental car from Ace Rentals in Brisbane. What an appalling experience.

To begin, before we left, we decided to confirm details, only then to be told that we were not insured and had to collect the car away from the airport. We were to land after hours. This was not included in the opening spiel when the car was booked. The phone operator was defensive and argumentative and on two or three occasions had to be talked down before I could continue the conversation.

When we arrived at Brisbane, we followed the instructions to find the pickup, but the people on the phone were reluctant/incapable of providing clear instructions or directions of where to go. They were arrogant and unhelpful. Eventually we got to the pickup point and found the minibus that was to take us to Nudgee Road, where the car was.

When we got there the car was a grotty little Getz that smelled and had numerous damages. The staff at the after hours office also wondered where the toll card/flasher was (us: "the what?"). Turns out there was no arrangement in the hireage for paying of tolls. Great.

Later, I called the hire company to ask what arrangements were made for paying tolls because on the contract there were numerous penalties listed for infringements. One was a $30 penalty for every toll that was not covered. We had not been told about the toll system in Brisbane. In answer to the question: what was arranged, "No wurries, you just register it". "uh, what?" Then a long game of twenty questions ensued, where I had to ask the right questions to elicit information from the supremely unhelpful girl on the phone. Half an hour later, I worked out what needed to be done for the tolls.

About the car? Tired, dirty, smelly, and a dodgy engine management system that would cut out.

Do not use Ace Rentals if your holidaying pleasure is reliant upon it.

The staff at Ace Rentals in Brisbane clearly do not like foreigners (people who are not from Brisbane), or they cannot be bothered with them.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 120
11. Re: Avoid Ace Rentals in Brisbane

should have chosen alpha or apex then.

Souhthampton
reviews: 3
12. Re: Avoid Ace Rentals in Brisbane

Just back from Brisbane...Took ages to collect us from the airport. Car had 86000 on the clock and had seen better days no Cruise control. Had ordered a sat nav told they had none and i would have to buy one.The lady behind the counter was at best rude and Grumpy. I must admit the car did get us around with no probs. Customer service is not a priorority there. We heard two other customers having probs while we waited to do the admin. In short stay away from the Brisbane Brach. Wish i had read the reviews.

13. Re: Avoid Ace Rentals in Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 08, 2014