We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Question

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 11
Car Rental Question

I would like to visit Gold Coast by renting a car at Brisbane international airport. How can I get the cheapest rate? Advance booking? Which website will offers best car rental rate? Thank you.

Singapore
1. Re: Car Rental Question

Not sure about the cheapest rate but I can tell you that picking up a rental from the airport will cost you an extra 11% in charges, regardless of which company you go with.

Are you just doing the Gold Coast run and back or will you be holding on to the car for some time? Depending on the class of car you are thinking of hiring, the number of days you are keeping it for and the number of people in your travel group, it may be more economical to grab a cab to the city and pick up the car from there.

HastingS
reviews: 2
2. Re: Car Rental Question

We want to hire a car for anout 24 days one way rental from Brisbane to Melbourne, will it cost 11% more on the whole amount if hired at the Airport rather than in town?

Any ideas of where to hire from? best rates best service etc?

Thanks.

Singapore
3. Re: Car Rental Question

What I am told by the rental company is that as long as you pick up the car from the airport you will have to pay the 11% surcharge and yes it will be on all 24 days' rental.

You might want to consider picking up the car from a company with a city pick up location. In addition, some rental companies also charge extra for one way rentals. However you might be able to negotiate that away given the length of your rental.

Sorry I can't really give you any good advice on the best rates, I basically rent off a corporate account with one of the majors. Not that I'm recommending it but I have heard that Europcar do a good deal. You might want to check them out. Good luck!

Dubai
4. Re: Car Rental Question

try searching on www.kayak.com

this is a sort of google - only difference it searches booking sites for the best rates.

yes one way rentals generally cost more - it may be better to drive it back.

reviews: 154
5. Re: Car Rental Question

Suggest you also try travelsupermarket.com. I have used this site to get best deals in Europe and they also cover OZ.

Sunny Queensland...
reviews: 41
6. Re: Car Rental Question

I use www.globalcars.com.au

You can compare the cost of a oneway rental or return and whether it is cheaper to rent in the city-it is not always so.

They will be a reasonable rate,include most insurance and only use the major companies.