We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tour of Fraser Island

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 18
Day Tour of Fraser Island

We will be staying near Brisbane in July. On the 15th it will be my son's 18th birthday and we would like to spend it on Fraser island. Which is the best company to use to tour Fraser Island for the day? Is it better to leave from Hervey Bay or take a tour from Noosa where we are thinking of staying?

Sunny Queensland...
reviews: 51
11. Re: Day Tour of Fraser Island

Personally I would pick fraser island.Brisbane is a very much underated city but it is afterall a city and you are going to several of our other cities.Fraser is the outdoors and different to the other places you will visit.It is the worlds largest sand island and the scenery is great.there are many tours you can do out of kingfisher bay.There is also the most pure dingo colony left in the wild in australia and you nearly always see them.

I believe you will be here in feb.The weather will be warm and quite humid but on fraser there are always breezes making it quite comfortable.Also the prices are generally lower then as most of australia has just gone back to work after our long summer holidays.

Buderim, Australia
reviews: 15
12. Re: Day Tour of Fraser Island

I'd miss Bris Vegas for Fraser - Brisbane is good but still just another city and Fraser is special and a couple of days would be best to see everything it has without overdoing it.

Australia
13. Re: Day Tour of Fraser Island

Hubby and I went to Fraser Isl. last August out of Hervey Bay. The day was okay, not a dingo in sight, but without our terrific bus driver the day would have been pretty boring. We did take the flight with the small plane taking off and landing on the beach which was great, but I must admit I was disappointed in the island as a whole. Just a personal point of view and not one everyone shares I am sure. In Brisbane Southbank is nice for a day wandering around. It just comes back to what you are wanting from a hol.

Whatever you decide enjoy!!

14. Re: Day Tour of Fraser Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, June 14, 2005
Worthing, United...
reviews: 35
15. Re: Day Tour of Fraser Island

I would miss Fraser, the journey is just too uncomfortable & far too long for a day trip. I would opt for Bribane, a great city, very friendly with lots to see. Do a bus tour to acclimatise yourselves, then go back to places that interest you. Just walking along the river, both sides, is lovely. A must is the river cruise, especially at twilight, beautiful. Yes Brisbane is just another city but it is very beautiful & so tourist friendly.