We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
huntington beach...
reviews: 5
Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

Just returned from NZ and AUS (Sydney only) to find that I must go to Brisbane (CBD) in late-July. This time I will travel with my father on business (I'm young 38, he's older).

What are the best "spots" for music and "people" meeting. What are the "must dos"? Are there things to "avoid"--too touristy--? Dining recommendations? What is the style of dress for going out to clubs? Any good jazz/blues?

Thanks for any related information on Brisbane.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 73
1. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

have a look at the insider pages for brisbane... most of this info is covered there

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 82
2. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

Check out Brisbane Jazz Club

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

The Valley on a Friday and Saturday nights near the Main Mall spills out onto the streets everywhere around Brunswick street, All the pubs open up onto the streets, it is really busy, can be a little hectic too, This can be a bit seedy as well so don't wander off alone, not that you would. Also the Normaby hotel is fun and also Caxton Street, All near the city. These 2 places are a bigger range of age, The Valley is a Younger crowd, If there is a football match on the Normanby gets really crowded

huntington beach...
4. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any "must sees/dos" in the area? Thanks for any advice/opinions.

bikini girl

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 6
5. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

My friends and I love Fridays. Its a resturant/bar/nightclub right on the Brisbane river. Its great. Has pretty cheap drinks too.

You have to go to South Bank and have a look at their night markets.

huntington beach...
6. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

thanks for the suggestion.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 73
7. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

Fridays is a bit of a teenage meat market.... you might want to try somewhere a bit more upmarket like the bowery in the valley, jade buddah, the port office, fringe bar and barsoma or zomba

8. Re: Brisbane Nightlife in Late July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, August 30, 2009