We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane car hire

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ringwood, United...
reviews: 3
Brisbane car hire

I want to hire a car in Brisbane and drop off in Maleny if possible - anybody know what car hire companies are in Maleney? Also any recommendation of reasonable hotel in Brisbane for one night and how to get there from airport.

Kabul, Afghanistan
reviews: 84
1. Re: Brisbane car hire

There are no hire car companies in Maleny, which is a large village (we would say a small town). Budget and Thrifty have offices in Caloundra and you could get a taxi up from there, which leaves the issue of how you get away once you've arrived. I don't think your option is an option, sorry.

Have stayed at Ibis, Mercure, Holiday Inn, Novotel, all are (relatively) reasonably priced. Dont expect last minute bargains especially midweek when rooms can be difficult to find. For good ratebetter to book well in advance.

Brisbane CBD about 20 mins from airport (more in peak hour). If travelling alone Bus or Train cheapest option, if two Taxi won't cost much more, if more than that taxi is cheaper.

Cheers skip

Brisbane
reviews: 68
2. Re: Brisbane car hire

Hi, I would not agree with getting a taxi from Caloundra - that would eb quite expensive. Am wondering why you want to drop the car off in maleny - where are you going form there & how do you plan to get there?

To get intothe city from Brisbnae Airport - catch the train from the airport - depending where you are staying you get off at central or Roma St. There is a hotel at Roma St - think it is Holiday Inn.

Other recommended places to stay - Medina Apartments on the river in the city (not as close to the train though), Pacific International Apartments.

Hop this helps

Lisa

Ringwood, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Brisbane car hire

Thank you for your help - think I have given up the idea of driving and will get a bus instead. I am visiting relatives in Crystal Waters and am being picked up in Maleny. So won't bother with going into Brisbane.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
reviews: 89
4. Re: Brisbane car hire

You could also catch the train to Landsborough, Depending on your time of arrival, there is a local guy who will pick you up and take you to Maleny or perhaps your friends could pick you up from Landsborough, not that far from Maleny.

5. Re: Brisbane car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, August 28, 2009