We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brampton vs Thala Beach

Which Queensland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Brampton vs Thala Beach

Hi all

My wife and I will be in Oz next Feb for 3 weeks and wanted to head north for 5-7 nights. I have been to Hamilton before and so was looking at either Brampton or Thala Beach - they both look great and so need some advice.

The main things I would be looking for (in order of importance) are:

1. Amazing white sandy beach and clear waters (doesn't everyone!)

2. Quite resort which doesn't feel packed - need to unwind and want to ensure we can get a spot by the pool and a stretch of beach to ourselves!!!

3. Quality accommodation

4. Quality food with variety, oh and bar of course!

These are less important:

1. Activities

2. Entertainment

3. Size of a resort

Can anyone please help! :)

Many thanks

reviews: 55
1. Re: Brampton vs Thala Beach

I cannot comment on Brampton other than what I have heard and read from others. BUT can comment in detail about Thala. The Thala Beach Lodge and sister property, Kewarra Beach Resort are amongst my favorites in Aust. Thala is set on a peninsula and is completely private land. The bungalows are scattered all down the hillside with either Coral Sea Views or Eucalypt View. The bungalows are furnished with native timber and lovely tropical colors. The ocean breezes are fantastic, even on the hottest days.

The almost private stretch of beach is stunning - unfortunately it doesnt have crystal clear water but quite good considering most of that area's coastal waters are quite brown from estuaries. You can walk the beach and never see another person - Feb may be quite busy but still nothing like 4 Mile Beach in Port Douglas.

The main building which houses the pool, restaurant and bar, and reception is stunning! The views are priceless, the atmosphere lovely, food very good and service excellent. Cannot find anything bad to say about this property except the farther away your bungalow, the bigger the hike back up the hill. I now try to request a unit close to the main bldg.

If you choose this property, you will totally relax, and Port Dougals is 10 min away, Cairns less than one hour, the Daintree 1 hour etc....great location.