We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

h.e.l.p please

Which Queensland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney australia
reviews: 1
h.e.l.p please

I am trying to organise a holiday for my family the wife and my 6yr old daughter (who has cancer)

This will be our first family holiday together ever and my wife and my first hoilday in 10 years.

We are staying with family in sea world nara resort and doing the theme parks from 5th dec till 9th dec.

After this we are looking at hiring a car and traveling up to hervey bay to spend 1 night with an old friend., from there i dont really know whats out there or what to do (within our ever increasing tight budget), I know there are a few "free" places to visit like the super bee factoey, aussie world, but have no idea on what other attractions there is.

We have from the 9th dec till 20 dec to organise

Also i am running the computer hot with searches on accomodation in the sunshine coast and besides having 40 odd windows open, i think im getting a bit overwhelmed at what possibilities i have.

So can someone please send me an idea or two :-), as i really want this hoilday to be special, and of course i want to be able to make my family proud especially my daughter.

Thanks in advance

stressedout1

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 73
1. Re: h.e.l.p please

from hervey bay maybe go over to fraser for a day

stop in at mooloolaba for a while and enjoy the beach (no offence but they are much nicer than the ones in sydney) hire a tinny on the maroochy river and tool around for a day, visit the glass house mountains, eumundi markets, take a drive to the hinterland towns, explore the rock pools around maroochydore and mooloolaba, visit hastings street noosa, go across and capm on morton island near the wreck, then wakl up to tangalooma to watch the dolphin feeding. make the budget stretch to Australia zoo and underwater world (kids love it)

just a few suggestions

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
reviews: 142
2. Re: h.e.l.p please

I can empathise with your situation.. just a little hint...you might need an extra day or two to do the theme parks..your daughter may not cope with doing parks day after day and will need a days rest between each one (I assume you will do all of them). Alos contact them before hand as sometimes they will organise a priority pass so you don't need to queue for rides etc (much better for your daughter). It will be the queensland school holidays from Dec 10...

If the budget suits look at Novotel Twin Waters..whilst not on the beach it has great "onsite entertainment". Explain your situation and see what they can offer... many places "understand" what you want and are more than willing to help. It is not begging or using your situation.... you want the best for your family and considering the stress/trauma nad day to day angst you experience you deserve a little special consideration...all of you!

Do not do the big Pineapple Tour...just visit the pineapple itself..the rest is overpriced and not worht the money..

Auusie World is only free to get in...the rides and attractions are pay as you go (like Luna Park)... so be careful with that

DO NOT miss Australia Zoo. This Steve Irwins croc place..one of the best days out my kids have had and it was good value for money..pack a picnic as there are plenty of places to eat your own food..

Newport Pagnell...
reviews: 5
3. Re: h.e.l.p please

I would keep it as simple as possible.I have never been to Australia(yet)so can't advise on places to see,but reading Georgias post about rock pools brought to mind holidays when my daughters were young, and some of the most memorable times were when we didn't have much money,and went on picnics to the beach and explored rock pools etc.We usually went somewhere where there were kids clubs,we call them holiday villages(caravan holidays),my daughters loved them,and still talk about them now.Their ages are 25 and 27 now,but the memories are still strong.As your daughter is only 6 she wont want to trek around.I'm sure your family are proud of you anyway,so don't try to do too much and try not to be too stressed.I'll say a prayer for you and your family.Let us know how you get on.

MARGARET