We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Which Darwin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 6
Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Anyone know which car rental company in Darwin provided unlimited KMs?

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Check www.drivenow.com.au www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre
reviews: 1,065
2. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Hi shsh,

From memory, most car companies in Darwin had unlimited kilometres.

Check out Avis, Budget, Thrifty and Eurocar for a start;

Cheers,

Adelaide
reviews: 49
3. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Tourism Top End can arrange car rental with unlimited kms. I tried to book directly with Thrifty etc but they will only do cars with 100km per day. Tourism Top End deals with several companies - Thrifty, Avis etc and a few local companies.

Perth, Australia
4. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Check https://www.hertz.com.au

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Booking through a 3rd party site such as www.rentalcars.com also provides you with unlimited km and insurance and uses the main companies. The only issue with this one is that they only seem to accept bookings during normal business hours.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

I have your same dilemma. I found the prices very high to rent going out of and back into DRW. The in town locations aren't 24 hour like they are at the airport, but I did find a good price at Hertz (188 AU) for 4 days, pick up in town and return at the airport. For some reason the in town pickup gives the unlimited km, the only drawback is it doesn't open until 8 am so we can't get an early start.

We are spending our first night in Darwin because we'll be tired, at the Doubletree Esplanade, then it looks like about a 1km walk dragging our luggage to the Hertz office at the Mitchell Centre.

I have looked and looked and the unlimited km out of the airport is double the price!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 17
7. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

Why not leave the luggage at your hotel, then go back with the rental car to pick it up?

There seems to be a very high airport tax for rental cars at Darwin, which is one of the main reasons picking up in town is so much cheaper. I did this on my recent Top End trip (we used a taxi directly from the airport to the Thrifty office, as it was during the day when they were open).

8. Re: Darwin car rental with unlimited KMs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 07, 2015