We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayers Rock

Which Alice Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bingley
reviews: 1
Ayers Rock

We are doing an organised tour of Ayers Rock in mid March can anybody advise on suitable clothing? This is the middle of a 7 week trip we are doing so need to be as frugal as possible and I'm not good at travelling light! (Other places we are visiting are Auckland,Sydney, Melbourne, Perth & Johanasburg)

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
1. Re: Ayers Rock

Rainfall and temperature graphs for Alice Springs are here: bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/…

In a nutshell: very hot and slightly wettish.

Luigi

Bingley
reviews: 1
2. Re: Ayers Rock

Thank you Luigi

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 29
3. Re: Ayers Rock

I would suggest light clothing during the day but you will be in desert country so a light jacket/pullover for the evenings might be appropriate.

Enjoy your visit.

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
reviews: 23
4. Re: Ayers Rock

Definitely shorts and T shirt weather. I never dig out the long pants until late April. Maybe a light 2nd layer for evenings or a light rain jacket.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
5. Re: Ayers Rock

Hi,

I also agree just wear light weight clothes for day time & take a light weight jacket for the evenings which can be used in all of your other destinations mentioned.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17672-Uluru_Ng…

6. Re: Ayers Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, April 19, 2013