We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Sydney Restaurants

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 2
Favorite Sydney Restaurants

Hi All,

My boyfriend is a "foodie" - we'd love your recomendations for the best, consistent food in Sydney - does not have to be fanciest just good food.

Many thanks.

Sydney. Australia
reviews: 26
1. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

$$$$:

Mezzaluna Potts Point modern Italian

Cafe Sydney at Circular Quay

(both have great views)

$$$:

Golden Century

The Regal

both Chinese/seafood restaurant in Haymarket...make sure you have Peking Duck 2 course with sang choi bow as the second course...mmmm

There are great restaurants in Newtown/surry Hills as well that won't break the bank...

Fatima's on Cleveland St (Lebanese)

Banks Thai, Enmore Rd Enmore/Newtown

Oscillate Wildly, Australia St Newtown

-this is $45 for 3 courses that is equivalent to a fine dining establishment...you must book ahead! It is very small...

Pubs with good food:

The Rose of Australia, Erskineville

The Australian, the Rocks...try the kangaroo pizza

Another good site is www.eatability.com.au most of the restaurants I have listed are in here along with many more

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 615
2. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

my favourites are

1)The Bower at Manly Beach, only opened for lunch, it has the best views and a fab seafood menu. tel 99775451

2)Galileo - Observatory Hotel - french/japanese - expensive

3)Pier - Rose Bay seafood - expensive

4)Bistro Moncur - upmarket pub food - woollahra for lunch

5Mezzaluna - Potts Point - expensive

6)Marigold Citymark - for yum cha

7)Mohr Fish - cheap fish cafe - surry hills

8) Grappa - Italian Lechhardt

9)Flying Fish - seafood - pyrmont

10) Aqua Dining - MIlsons point.

for other cheap eats www.cheapeats.com.au

new york
3. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

Thanks so much ladies. Have you been to Becasse? What are your impressions? I know it just won an award. Also, would love your thoughts on Pello and Icebergs. Many thanks again...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
4. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

hi Rachel,

out of your three I have only been to Icebergs....beautiful decor and setting over Bondi Beach but I was disappointed with the food.It is also very trendy, which sometimes takes away the essence of fine dining.

Becasse was not mentioned in last year reviews but this year has two hats from SMH food guide. I personally do not take the hat business into rating a restaurant as many famous chefs are attached to these establishments.

If you really want the best in regarding where to eat then you cannot go past Est in the Establishment Hotel in George Street, or take a walk down Surry Hills an inner suburb of Sydney it has some amazing restaurants offering top food at reasonable prices.

new york
5. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

thanks so much Ellemay. I value your opinions. What are your favorites in Surray Hill?

Sydney Australia
reviews: 11
6. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

rachel, you also asked about Pello in Darlinghurst. I love this one. The food and service are good and it is reasonably priced especially for what you get. I have not been to the current Becasse but I went a couple of times to its previous address and the food and especially the service were top notch. However for a special night out, take Ellemay's suggestion....EST is a dream.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
7. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

restaurants in surry hills which are very classy with exceptional menu's .

1. Lo Studio - try the squid-ink tortellini with crabmeat.

2)Restaurant Assiette

3)Longrain - Thai have drinks at the Dolphin Hotel to start.

4)Billy Kwong - Modern Chinese - crispy duck !

5) The Clock Hotel - upmarket pub food.

6)La Sala -( ex iceberg owner) Italian - upmarket.

any of the pubs are excellent for cheaper meals. Some you can get a $5.00 steak deal through the week.

new york
8. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

Thanks so much everyone! I will report back.

9. Re: Favorite Sydney Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 21, 2009