We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Sydney and Melbourne

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 5
8 days in Sydney and Melbourne

I am from Malaysia. My husband and I will be travelling to Sydney and Melbourne in Oct. We are 3 yr old and it is our 1st time travelling to Australia. We have no idea on the itenary and the transportation there. We will be spending 8 full days there. We will be flying to Sydney from Msia and back from Melbourne.

Anyone has any idea on the itenary? How many days should i spend in Sydney and how many days in Melbourne? What is the best way to travel btw these 2 cities? Is the public transportation system convenient enough to travel around the cities? We have limited budget and don't think we can join all the local tours there, maybe 1-2 interesting tours to places that is hard for us to travel on our own is fine. How much Ausie dollar should i estimate to spend there?

Please suggest. We appreciate your help. TQ

13 replies to this topic
KL
reviews: 1
11. Re: 8 days in Sydney and Melbourne

I see. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 5
12. Re: 8 days in Sydney and Melbourne

thanks for all the reply...

Btw, sorry for a typo, I mean we are ard 30 yr old... we don't have a kid with us.. haha

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
13. Re: 8 days in Sydney and Melbourne

Well, that was an interesting thread :-) So phooifun, any progress on a draft itinerary?

Reply to: 8 days in Sydney and Melbourne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted