We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

Hi

I'm planning for a holiday in Sydney, Australia and it would be great if you could advise us on the hotel choices. From HOTWIRE, I found 3 choices for a 6 nights stay around August 2013 :-

1. Sydney City Centre area hotel

4 stars

USD141 per night

Amenities - Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom ,Raised toilet, Roll-in shower.

Tripadvisor rating - 3.5 out of 5.0

2. Circular Quay - The Rocks area hotel

4 stars

USD143 per night

Amenities: Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

3. Darling Harbour - Chinatown area hotel

4 stars

USD133 per night

Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks for your help.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
1. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

Hi,

I would go with the hotel in the Rocks area - as the location is ideal for getting to all the major attractions.

Is this a mystery/ secret hotel on Hotwire ??

Kuala Lumpur...
2. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

Hi Ellemay,

Yes this is a mystery hotel on Hotwire, and I'd like to find out which area is more suitable for travelling as a couple.

I'm trying to gather some advise after I came across comments stating that King Cross area is kind of shady at night (not sure how true this is).

We would like to look for a place that we could stroll around at night, and Rocks area seems to be interesting !

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

look at www.wotif.com.au as all hotels have name/location. The Rocks is a good area to stay depending on your budget.

Oshawa
4. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

Staying in Sydney for a few days and wondering whether the best place to stay is The Rocks/Circular Quay area. It sounds as if it might be better than staying in the Central Business District. Any recommendations for a good hotel in that area?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

This thread started in Feb 2013 - it is always better to start a new one for your question(s). Anyway, choice and area often depends on budget and time of year - so when are you in Sydney and how much to spend ?

For a start look at www.wotif.com.au as this has prices and maps.

6. Re: Hotwire - Sydney Australia Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2014