We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Cruise stop

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 3
One Day Cruise stop

Hi there

all help appreciated!

We dock at Wharf 5 Barangaroo Wharf, and would obviously like to see the harbour, thought the Manley ferry looked a good idea, as well as visiting The Rocks. Are these far apart, and will I have the time!? thanks so much Any other ideas greatly appreciated, we love water based.

Sydney Australia
reviews: 59
1. Re: One Day Cruise stop

"will I have the time!?"

Hi Fiona, its hard to tell if you don't say how long you're in Sydney :-)

You can easily explore the Rocks and Manly in the same day.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: One Day Cruise stop

Barangaroo is almost in the Rocks. A walk from the wharf to Circular Quay to get the Manly Ferry will take you around by the Harbour. You can take a ferry to Manly, wander around and then come back - allow at least three hours or it's not worth the effort. On the way back walk back from Circular Quay through the heart of the Rocks - you can download a self guided walking tour.

…nsw.gov.au/aboutsydney/visitorguidesinforma…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
reviews: 142
3. Re: One Day Cruise stop

Get a mymulti ticket

Jumo on the ferry around to the Quay, walk over to the Manly wharf take the ferry to manly... walk the Corso... return to the Quay..walk the rocks then train up to Town Hall and explore QVB walk back to DH..

TBH if you are on an in out sydney skip manly and do watsons bay

Bournemouth, United...
4. Re: One Day Cruise stop

that was silly of me!! Tsk tsk only for one day ship gets in at 7am and leaves at 5pm. We are early starters, so will be the first ones off, not a big ship only 400 so not too much of a nightmare I HOPE!! Thank again

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 85
5. Re: One Day Cruise stop

Really seeing the harbour I enjoyed the Captain Cook Coffee Cruise, tho as early risers there is breakfast, lunch or tea. http://tinyurl.com/bcmjrjt You get to see just how amazing and beautiful it is, all the little inlets and expensive houses.

I don't think the Manley Ferry does the harbour justice.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
reviews: 105
6. Re: One Day Cruise stop

For just one day in Sydney I would spend it walking around the Rocks/ Harbour bridge/Circular Quay/Botanical Gardens/Mrs Macquaries chair areas. Most of what you'd see on a harbour cruise or ferry ride you'll see as you come in & out on your cruise (depending on times).

Another option would be the HOHO bus viator.com/tours/…d357-5010SYDNEY

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 22
7. Re: One Day Cruise stop

At 7am, I would walk across the bridge (all up about 30mins max). Have a coffee at Milson's Point, then walk back and check out The Rocks. You can do the self guided tour, or an organised one (not sure what time the tour places open). This should take you till about 10am. Catch a ferry to Manly from Circular Quay. They depart every half hour and take half hour to get to Manly. Take your cossies and walk from the ferry to the beach for an obligatory swim an photo. Walk to your right and follow the walkway to Shelly Beach for a coffee or lunch or another swim in these calmer waters. Or walk back and do lunch in any one of the good restaurants along the beach. This should take you till about 1-2

pm. Walk back thru the Corso, exploring the shops and the side streets and catch a ferry back to the ship at about 3-4pm. This way your day will not be too rushed, you will have had a great experience, and it will cost you a fraction of what the cruise people would charge you to organise this for you!

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
8. Re: One Day Cruise stop

You could take the HOHO which would let you see Sydney. You can do the ferry to/from Manley in 1 hour if you don't get off. Both are a fantastic way to see Sydney.

Edited: 12:23 pm, January 27, 2013
Bournemouth, United...
9. Re: One Day Cruise stop

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Bournemouth, United...
10. Re: One Day Cruise stop

Thank you so much all info greatly appreciated!

Fiona