We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koala park sanctary pennent hills

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
reviews: 25
koala park sanctary pennent hills

Is this still open and if so could you tell me if you can hold the koalas or just have pictures taken with them.

How long will it take by public transport bus or train to ge there.

Thank you.

Sydney
reviews: 12
1. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

It's still open but quite run down. A better bet is Featherdale Wildlife Park.

You cannot hold koalas in NSW.

Australia
2. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

I think wildlife world at darling harbour, or Taronga Zoo would be better options. They both offer pictures with koalas and are way easier to get to.

Wildlife world has just Australian animals while Taronga also has international animals

Hertfordshire
3. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

Thank you for the information, we will go to featherdale

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
4. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

If you want to take a bus, you can get one from Stand S in Clarence St ( one block behind Wynyard Station)

Take any of these buses 600, 631, 632, 633, 642, 642X. The trip is about half an hour. Tell the driver you want to get off at the Koala Park Sanctuary.

But, I have to agree with the other respondents - it's a bit tried and run down these days and I rarely see many cars parked in the car park. Their big koala out the front is in serious need of a makeover ;-)

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

Best for koalas is Australian Reptile Park on the central coast. A peaceful little zoo with lots of native animals, they let us get photos with the koalas at the end of the day.

Hertfordshire
6. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

can you tell us how long it will take to get to the reptile park and the address please we are in central sydney

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 121
7. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

Grubbies

Have a look at this link - Sydney Wildlife is in Darling Harbour. You can get your photo taken with a Koala or pat a Koala (with photo) and you may even be able to have "breakfast with the Koalas"

wildlifesydney.com.au/explore/…

As for holding them .. I'd be worried about their claw digging in ... and the fact that they may relieve themselves on you whenever they feel the need...who recalls that "incident" with a politician when a Koala let him have "it" ? lol

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 121
8. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

Here's a link to the Reptile Park which is off the Freeway near Somersby

http://www.reptilepark.com.au/

9. Re: koala park sanctary pennent hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 25, 2014