We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leighton Buzzard...
reviews: 7
New Years Eve

Hi

We are staying at the Shang-ri-la in Sydney over New Year but decided that the cost of dinner there vs the predominantly seafood menu ( I'm allergic to fish and seafood) wasn't worth forking out for. So do we picnic? Party or do a big opera house blow out with per theatre dinner, Puccini and fireworks party? Keen not to have to walk for too long at the end of the night but can probably manage 30 hr walk quite easily.

I we are mid 40s and I walk with a stick!

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
1. Re: New Years Eve

Hi Scotscowgirl, wondering if you have had an opportunity to read the information given about New Year's Eve yet??? Look at the right hand side, at the top, "Top questions about Sydney". The fifth one down is all about NYE. Also, at the top of the list of questions, there is another sticky, all about NYE. Lots of information there.

I am wondering though if you are already too late. It is a HUGE event, and it sells out very quickly.

I am going to assume you mean a 30 minute walk, not 30 hours???

Leighton Buzzard...
reviews: 7
2. Re: New Years Eve

Lol! Yes 30 mins is the thing. I've done quite a bit of scouting... Surprising how many tix are left although the price may be a factor for lots in this economic climate!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 121
3. Re: New Years Eve

Do a lot of restaurants still have room for more bookings for NYE ?

That surprises me as I think the cost for a nice restaurant is similar to that charged last year for many places... tho' the National Parks have put their fees up that's for sure.

4. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, December 17, 2013