We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

Does anyone know what a calling card would cost to call from Sydney to New Zealand? I've never used them before.

Diane

sydney,aust.
1. Re: Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

The cost of a local call..say 25 c and about 5 cents a minute. Pretty similar for Aust. to USA. Very good deal.

If you are calling from an hotel..check their charges for calls.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
2. Re: Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

hi diane,

the phone cards cost A$10 each (hmm, they might sell $5 cards but i've not seen them). they can be bought at convenience stores everywhere. the call rates are very cheap. you call a local number on the card, key in the pin on the card, dial your international number and you're talking(literally!)

calls costs can be as low as 4 cents per minute to the US and canada. costs to auckland would be pretty cheap too - less than 10 cents per minute - depends on the card you buy. good point there about checking the call charges from your hotel room.

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

how much would ya say the cost of a call per min is to ireland?

Townsville...
reviews: 41
4. Re: Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

I bought a $10 Say G'Day calling card at xmas to call Canada from OZ. I believe it started with over 4 hours worth of time available, which was way more than we actually needed, so we left it with family to call us.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
5. Re: Calling cards to phone from Australia to another country

taylor06,

some of the phone cards have rates of 2 cents per minute to the US, Canada and UK. (sorry, no special mention of ireland). some of these cards have a connection fee with these very cheap rates. others have no connection fee but rates might be 5 cents per minute to those same countries. still very reasonable rates! even in my giggly schoolgirl days i couldn't chat on the phone for that long...lol.