We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

domestic flights

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough
reviews: 4
domestic flights

hello again me my wife and son will be in sydney from the 29/12/06 for seven nights then on to the gold coast for seven nights and then on to cairns can anyone tell me if i have to book domestic flights now or is it cheaper to book there many thanks

Reading, England
reviews: 9
1. Re: domestic flights

Not an expert, but just picked up a Virgin Blue one way flight from Melbourne to Sydney for £28 (!!)...booked directly through their site. It was a sale rate so apologies if it's not that cheap any more!

London / Brisbane
2. Re: domestic flights

hi spurt,

it is best to book your domestic flights well in advance, especially over the time of year you are going. the closer to the travel date, the more expensive the flights will be. sometimes, a special may pop up, but i cannot imagine your travel dates would be valid on any specials mainly due to new years and also the cricket will be on at that time of year in Australia. hope this helps

good luck

Melbourne
reviews: 9
3. Re: domestic flights

Hi Spurt

If you check out www.flightcentre.com.au you can see all of the fares available at the moment on all flights on the days you want to fly. They are showing Jetstar fares at $81.00 one way which is pretty good. Also had a look at virginblue.com.au & they are showing all of their cheap fares as sold out to the Gold Coast although some available to Brisbane.

As someone said above a sale may come up but I would be getting now rather than waiting as its a very busy time of year & there will be heaps of cricket fans flying out of Sydney around your dates. I don't think they will discount those dates much, later on in the year. BTW also consider flights from Brisbane to Cairns as this will give you more availability and fares, just means you have to get from GC to Brisbane.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 615
4. Re: domestic flights

book well ahead for best deals.

www.virginblue.com.au

www.qantas.com.au

www.jetstar.com.au

UK
reviews: 3
5. Re: domestic flights

Hi , I went to australia last dec /jan and travelled from sydney to gold coast with virgin blue - flight was £26 booked about 7 months in advance . Check website and register for specials . Went from gold coast to Cairns with qantas domestic was approx £42, then went cairns to perth, changed flights at ayers rock , this was about £129. Booked all flight a few months before as prices tend to rise and you are going in peak australian school holidays. I would keep checking websites and if you see a good deal take it . Good luck and we had a fabolous time....

UK
reviews: 3
6. Re: domestic flights

Hi , sorry forgot to mention whn going from gold coast to cairns we went from coolangatta airport. When we went there was 1 flight a day to cairns with qantas domestic in the morning rather than going to brisbane which was further to get to. Virgin blue did not fly direct from coolangatta to cairns but maybe they do now.

peterborough
reviews: 4
7. Re: domestic flights

hello thanks for all your great advice we have just booked with jetstar from sydney to gold coast saving £110 on travel agents prices and gold coast to cairns with qantas saving £150 so thanks once again spurt