We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
New Year

We are a party of 5 ( 2 couples and 1 16 year old) in Australia from 11th Dec - 6th Jan. We plan to be in Melbourne and Sydney for the cricket. Trying to find accommodation in Sydney for 29th Dec - 6th Jan and its all getting fully booked. Any ideas for mid price range accommodation. Don't mind being a bit further out as long as transport is good.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 575
1. Re: New Year

This is our busy summer time...so booking in advance is essential...are you looking for an apartment? if so try

www.sydneyservicedapartments.com.au

or Manly has heaps

www.manlyparadise.com.au - manly beach

www.morganshotel.com.au - darlinghurst

www.simpsonshotel.com.au - potts point

www.therussell.com.au - the rocks

www.hydeparkinn.com.au -city (have 2bedapart)

www.kirketon.com.au -darlinghurst

www.ravesis.com.au - bondi beach

hope this helps!

sydney,aust.
2. Re: New Year

You could try ....

http://www.wotif.com/Sovereign--Inn.html

Get a travel pass to catch the 273 bus to town (15 minutes) and then out to the SCG.

Eat your way round crows nest for dinner.

Check out some domestic cricket at north sydney oval..the best suburban cricket ground in oz.

Sydney
reviews: 4
3. Re: New Year

Contact the Grand Hotel in Hunter Street and ask about their family rooms. There is a website for this hotel which I always quote in other posts where it's mentioned, as I have saved the URL on my computer; however, a few weeks ago I said "R.I.P." to my faithful old computer, and am now relegated to the back room in the public library... so if you want the website, you will need to do a search on this site, using "Grand Hotel" as your target. It's amazingly good value for money.

If they can't offer you anything, try the Travelodge in Phillip Street, which OUGHT to be full, but nobody seems to know it's there, so you may be lucky.