We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 60
So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Hi Everyone,

Would you like to recommend who has the best rooms? Please recommend based on accommodation alone. Location is not important as everything seems to be quite central.

Regrettably I can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park. We are considering:

*Hilton

*Radisson Plaza

*Swissotel

*Intercontinental

We would like to avoid properties that are desperately in need of a refurb!!

ANY thoughts are appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 45
1. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Swissotel is a great choice and is in the centre of the CBD shopping district. it's also close to Geoprge st for you to catch the 555 free bus loop around town as well as the monorail.

Oscar

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
reviews: 103
2. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

If you're not bothered by location (the Inter is the stand out there being right at Circular Quay), it's probably much of a muchness.

They are all good hotels, Hilton is the newest, but the rooms are quite small. I would choose the Inter, lovely hotel in an ideal location. My 2nd choice would be the Swissotel, then the Hilton.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

if price is a problem why not try Hotwire... we did and had Intercontinental or Star City... we chose Star City and were very happy. We also stayed at the Marriott on College, but found it a bit of a walk to both darling harbour and the quay

Vancouver
4. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Hi Mikey, so you like the Swissotel - great! That is very helpful. Do you know if there is still construction going on across the street?

Thanks so much to everyone who has responded! But every post has mentioned location and that is not at all important. Of the above mentioned hotels does anyone know whos rooms are the nicest?

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
5. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

The construction over the road (I imagine you mean Pitt St Mall) is mostly complete with the first stage of Westfields opening last Thursday. Apart frrom that the hotel is above any of the construction (It sits on top of Myers Department store) so little chance of you experiencing any street noise.

Oscar

Sunny Queensland...
reviews: 41
6. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Did you pick the Westin and SOTP because you are in the SPG program.If so there is the 4 points.We stay there as they treat elites well and not a bad location for tourists being next to darling Harbour and around the corner from our favourite Greek restaurant-Medusa.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
7. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

I must admit drron that the 4points is a favourite of mine. I stayed there last August.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Oscar

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
8. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Pitt st Mall is almost finished, there is an office building still being built on Castlereagh st, but I don't think you'd get any noise from that at the Swissotel.

Vancouver
9. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

Thanks everyone for your contributions so far!

We don't have brand loyalty or starwood points cards. We just wanted to stay at either Westin or Sheraton on the Park because we thought the rooms are nice. However we can not afford these two, our first choice hotels.

Upon further research I uncovered what I believe to be the secondary tier of prefered hotels that we can afford: Hilton, Radisson Plaza, Swissotel and Intercontinental.

Out of these four who has the best rooms?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
reviews: 103
10. Re: So we can't afford the Westin or Sheraton on the Park

See my reply # 2!