We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

This will be our first time visiting Australia and will be staying for 4 days in Sydney in July. Can you suggest any local tour operators in Sydney, with an e mail address, so we can ask for tour packages for day trips. We do not want to go out of the city anymore but just to be guided on the must see places in Sydney. We will be staying at the Meriton Pitt Apts.

Thank you in advance.

Australia
1. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

I know this is not what you're after, but, with four days available, you could do it yourself at a leisurely (or brisk!) pace, especially if you don't want to leave the city area. You can take public transport around the city (e.g. bus, train, monorail, etc.) and pinpoint the exact sights you'd like to see, rather than have a set itinerary.

Sorry that this post is no help! But, have a great trip! :)

South Pole
reviews: 39
2. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

do it yourself.

the city and environs are quite compact and u can see all u want to see by walking or via public transport. ie. bus, ferry, train and at a pinch, taxi.

look at the "things to do" link on the left of this page for some ideas of what to see and am sure the many contributors here will make suggestions. but first we need to know your interests.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 121
3. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

I agree, you really don’t need a tour guide at all as the CBD is quite compact compared to other cities around the globe.

At most I’d recommend a coffee cruise or a lunch cruise on the harbour which you can book at Circular Quay on arrival in Sydney, and perhaps a Hop on Hop off tour bus which you don’t reserve in advance – you should be able to pick up one in George St or down at Circular Quay. See at www.city-sightseeing.com and www.sydneyexplorer.info

Some of these sites may be of help too;

www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au

www.tourism.nsw.gov.au

Philippines
4. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

If you all think we can do it on our own, then that's what we'll do. Thank you all for the information and useful links. We'll check into these.

Australia
5. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

I think you'll be able to save a bit of money by doing it on your own. Don't hesitate to post some of your ideas here, as I'm sure people will gladly help out with tweaking your itinerary (only if necessary, of course!). :)

Do have a great trip! :)

Philippines
6. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

Thank you very much Random Sunshine. From the airport, for a family of 4, better to use the taxi?

We would like to have a tour of the Opera House, see the Taronga Zoo, the aquarium, the Rocks, and maybe a short Sydney Harbour cruise. I get seasick so easily, waters rough? Any other suggestion for a 4 day trip to Sydney?

We were looking at the Featherdale and Blue Mt tour but too expensive.

if anyone can help us with our itinerary as to how to see the most of Sydney, any suggestion is most welcome.

Thank you all very much.

Oh, arriving Sydney on a weekday around 8:30 am.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 121
7. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

Hi

Here are a few websites for you to have a look at. You can easily pick up a harbour cruise at Circular Quay or simply get on a ferry for a cheaper option. Under normal weather conditions, the harbour isn't rough, but sometimes a trip on the Manly ferry can be if the seas are up when the ferry is sailing between the "Heads". I think generally there are more days of calm sailing on this ferry than there are rough days.

The Sydney Opera House (guided tours, information, concerts etc) – www.sydneyoperahouse.com

The Rocks Walking Tourswww.rockswalkingtours.com.au

For an exhibition about the Sydney Harbour Bridgewww.pylonlookout.com.au

Luna Park, 1 Olympic Drive, Milsons Point – www.lunaparksydney.com

Taronga Zoo - www.taronga.org.au

Darling Harbour - http://www.darlingharbour.com/ is a tourist mecca but locals also go to it for a day out - lots of souvenir / touristy shops as well as clothing and shoes but you'd probably do better buying clothing and shoes in Sydney CBD shops.

The Maritime Museum has plenty of nautical things to see - http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm

Opposite the Maritime Museum is the Aquarium - http://www.sydneyaquarium.com.au/

The Sydney Wildlife World is located close by http://www.sydneywildlifeworld.com.au

Chinese Garden of Friendship – a lovely peaceful place between Chinatown and Darling Harbour –great to relax and take in the gardens – darlingharbour.com/sydney-Things_To_Do-Chine…

Happy reading !!

Philippines
8. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

Thank you all very much and will start reading on these links to make notes. I guess we can do it on our own.

Australia
9. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

I'm not very sure about the best transportation method from Sydney Airport (you might have to dig around these forums), as we normally don't go via the airport. However, yes, I think taxi might be a good option, if you have luggage and what not, which will be easier to handle, if you can get a taxi to take you from Point A to Point B. Be aware that, should you cross through any tunnels, you may have to pay for toll fees, which would be on top of your taxi fare.

Philippines
10. Re: Suggestion for a local tour operator in Sydney?

Thank you. We are four with 2 suitcases traveling to Meriton Pitt. Will Sydney taxis take in 4 passengers? As suggested in TA, for a family of 4, the taxi might come out cheaper.